Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17-18 Winter Storm

Snowstorms

12 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I agree 100%. Last winter was a rather lackluster one for total snowfall, but between the ice storms and the long lasting cold, some considered it a "long winter", whereas winters where we had 2 feet more snow but less cold weren't looked at as "long".

For us locally it was one of the best winters of the decade. Most parts of the GTA saw between 54-60" including a ~13" storm. 

Winters like 08-09, 10-11, 13-14 and 17-18 to some extent are what I consider real winters in our region. They all featured wall-to-wall cold and snowfall and funny enough they were all La Nina's expect 13-14. But I think many of us expect each winter to be like the 40's, 60's or 70's. We went on a crazy run those years with extreme cold and snowfall practically every winter. The global climate was much different back then than it is today and that certainly has an impact on us as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

:huh::huh::huh: Ummm, I was replying to canucks comment and agreeing, and what I meant was that some people (esp snow weenies) here, IN MICHIGAN, have acted like we have had no winter, when in reality now between 20 and 30" has fallen in most of southeast MI this season, albeit in a very frustrating pattern for the snowcover lovers like myself. That reference did not mean "some people in this subforum". And yes, I cant recall a single clipper. Our season to date measurable snow wise, we have had 2 warning snowstorms and some LES squalls and frontal snows. I much prefer clippers, cold, and white, but if this is what it is, bring on the next warning snow.

My apologies,  I missed the part where you were only referring to Michiganders, must of overlooked it in your post.   

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

I say let buckeye vent.

Thanks Bo,  not much else to do here during this garbage winter except a little venting.   Oh well, here's to the incoming rock'n FEB!!!!

feb.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, buckeye said:

My apologies,  I missed the part where you were only referring to Michiganders, must of overlooked it in your post.   

Thanks Bo,  not much else to do here during this garbage winter except a little venting.   Oh well, here's to the incoming rock'n FEB!!!!

feb.JPG

I did not say the word Michiganders, but that is entirely what i meant. It was not meant to be taken the way you took it. I would never imply the entire sub unless I say as much, since we span the northern reaches of MI to southern KY, thats a huge range.

2 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I did not say the word Michiganders, but that is entirely what i meant. It was not meant to be taken the way you took it. I would never imply the entire sub unless I say as much, since we span the northern reaches of MI to southern KY, thats a huge range.

It's all good.... I understand you were talking to canuck.    I tend to get a bit "trollie" when winter gets this bleak.   I need a snow storm....or a snickers;)

• Like 2