Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17-18 Winter Storm

Snowstorms

19 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Actually looks ok here in Southern Michigan. Looks like quite a thump of heavy snow before turning to rain, but a lot of the precip falls as snow. If anything id say trends are better today.

Garbage storm not worth wasting time onB)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

I know everyone is shocked, but this one is trending crappier for about everyone. 

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Actually looks ok here in Southern Michigan. Looks like quite a thump of heavy snow before turning to rain, but a lot of the precip falls as snow. If anything id say trends are better today.

Seems that way, doesn't it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

I see my local office is getting ready to let the public down again haha. Hard to believe that graphic isn’t from a previous system - because I see no models showing what they’re predicting. 

015200A6-55B4-4358-93BD-3794A1368215.jpeg

It's kind of an odd graphic, it's just talking about the chance of 6" or more of snow.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Perry said:

I see my local office is getting ready to let the public down again haha. Hard to believe that graphic isn’t from a previous system - because I see no models showing what they’re predicting. 

015200A6-55B4-4358-93BD-3794A1368215.jpeg

It's our office, duh!  Things rarely make sense. If they go conservative, we get nailed. If they go bullish, we get squat.  Basically, it reveals where they think things may be worth a "watch". Up their way ofc. The 2-part nature down our way will guarantee they're thinking no headline incoming for us.

21 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

You can say that about any snow then.

We track it, it falls/accumulates, then it melts.

Not referring so much to the tracking of it meteorologically but in recreational use and shelf life. Surely snow falling Dec-Jan has a better chance of sticking around than in May. You know those picturesque winter landscapes Beavis dreams of.

• Like 1