Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17-18 Winter Storm

Snowstorms

1 minute ago, nwohweather said:

It isn't here yet? Honestly one of the more mild winters I've seen temperature wise. Would not be shocked at all to see this be a backloaded winter though, it has all the hallmarks of that happening

2011-12, 2012-13 and 2015-16 were worse up until now. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Currently leaning toward 2-3" on the front end here.  If it comes in under that, then this winter truly does suck.  Even the above total would pretty much make it my biggest snow of the season... pretty sad.

It sucks anyway just due to banking on a barely grass-covering snow that's just gonna get washed away by a cold rain.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

It sucks anyway just due to banking on a barely grass-covering snow that's just gonna get washed away by a cold rain.

If we can lay down a few inches with a period of sleet, there may be a chance to glacier it over pretty well especially if the low trends farther south to keep the warm-up a bit in check.  That's what happened on 12/28/15... that sleet was followed by a lot of plain rain which really hardened it up instead of melting it all.  I'm not as big on retaining snowpack as some here but it has gotten a little ridiculous.  Would be nice to actually look like winter for more than a day.  

• Like 2