Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend mix and mess

tamarack

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

At least one weekend in the heart of ski season gets lost to something.  A big cutting Rainer, a -10F day with winds, even a huge snowstorm.    Sucks but it is reality

But rarely do we shut em down with temps in the 60s overnight almost two days in a row. This is an unreal airmass. 

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

It's in a 4-way tie for mildest January day, with 8/08 standing tall with 56.

Still near 40 here with light rain after a bit over 1/2".  At 7 WVL was 33 with light SN - can't recall a previous time when they had snow while we were mild rain.  Not sorry the ice is underperforming!

I didn’t look that closely, but I don’t think temps aloft can support snow there. I’d toss it as a fooled sensor. They’re not going straight to snow with the backdoor anyway. You probably need to fall into the mid 20s before it cools enough aloft for snow.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

5am this morning the LL jet was as loud as it gets. I sat on my deck listening to the roar. What made it so cool was the distance away I could hear it. Luckily it did not mix down much. Had to be 90mph  just above the deck. Meso analysis had 85 at 925. Crazy 

You were up early on a Sunday

28 degrees in my part of the valley with a mix of ice pellets and snow - 1+ inches of ice pellets on the ground rate now after we lost all 10 inches yesterday with record temperature of 60 degrees. 

Yup pretty much cleaned out here too. That’s what happens when 15/20:1 ratio snow meets 60 degree weather. No chance No meat in the pack. Vaporized. What part of the valley you in?