• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend mix and mess

tamarack

Still 36° at Plymouth....they just can’t mix out. What a pit up there. We briefly fell back to 45° overnight when winds went light, but it mixed back out after 30-45 minutes. 56mph at Gunstock and 60/58 at LCI. Just so surreal out there. I let the birds out with shorts, a tee shirt, and sandals.

6 minutes ago, alex said:

This is pretty incredible. Looks like we pretty much stayed in the 50s all night.  Doesn’t happen very often even in July! Stake is down to nothing but the snowpack survives around the house, which is also incredible. And we are still at 56. 

32528CDB-6946-47E2-B4D1-F75123FCA37B.jpeg

D1DE0A07-71C7-4E2E-B4C3-FF7A39E4BE7E.jpeg

That's a mighty fine wood pile you've got there. 

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wow. 15” to none in 2 days. This beats 96 up there probably right? slopes got destroyed 

This was no where close to Jan 96 or Jan 08 up here... we went from 8” to 1-2”, similar to Brian it’s that gray scale soggy last inch or two.   January 08 went from like two feet of QPF rich snowpack to pretty much nothing.  Longer duration torch but similar max temps near 60F.

Definitely not ideal but probably not touching those torches of yore in terms of snow loss.

15 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I never picture your little hollow getting above like 38F from Dec-Feb, ha.  

Where does 50F stand in your records?

It's in a 4-way tie for mildest January day, with 8/08 standing tall with 56.

Still near 40 here with light rain after a bit over 1/2".  At 7 WVL was 33 with light SN - can't recall a previous time when they had snow while we were mild rain.  Not sorry the ice is underperforming!

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Still near 40 here with light rain after a bit over 1/2".  At 7 WVL was 33 with light SN - can't recall a previous time when they had snow while we were mild rain.  Not sorry the ice is underperforming!

Sugarloaf is getting heavy sleet with freezing rain above Spillway X-Cut.

4 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Looking back at that Jan 2008 thaw... holy shit. 

This is the Jay Peak COOP data... 3 straight days with maxes above 50F.  

Two days of 35< departures...a +39 day is crazy.  

Snow depth from 62” to 27”.  Yikes that was a big thaw.

E263B59B-26E7-4F09-AF84-157861F2645E.jpeg.6799b6034461a31170c4341a31b17c56.jpeg

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I obviously joke with the shut em down, but given conditions and winds....is this far from the truth?

Yeah I mean it’s not pretty but Snowmaking snow is resilient, as seen by how long it lasts in the spring.  Definitely applies to a place like MRG today though, which is essentially closed.  Most spots will still have all their snowmaking runs open...and these thaws are exactly why the Northeast resorts rely so much on snowmaking.

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I mean it’s not pretty but Snowmaking snow is resilient, as seen by how long it lasts in the spring.  Definitely applies to a place like MRG today though, which is essentially closed.  Most spots will still have all their snowmaking runs open...and these thaws are exactly why the Northeast resorts rely so much on snowmaking.

I was thinking more for today. Are there wind holds? Sucks this is on the weekend.