Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend mix and mess

tamarack

24 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

DC's average annual temp is 58.2.  BDL's is 50.5.  That's 7.7 degrees warmer.  I think the IPCC's likely projection is about half of that.

Lol we're not gonna be DCA climate. Most of that is clown projections at the tail of the distribution on like an RCP 8.5 scenario which assumes we do weird shit like multiply our coal burning by 7x. 

50 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We get a 58° rainer with a raging LLJ. But we don’t pull 65-70 and sun in mid Jan.

Yeah this is rare to get this with dry conditions and some sun. It's typically rain or mist dryslot with 60/60 when we have a torch in mid winter. 

If we include February and December then it might seem more common. But January is pretty tough given the combo of sun angle and atmospheric lag. 

Yeah this is rare to get this with dry conditions and some sun. It's typically rain or mist dryslot with 60/60 when we have a torch in mid winter. 
If we include February and December then it might seem more common. But January is pretty tough given the combo of sun angle and atmospheric lag. 
Yeah I guess thinking more about winter months, not so much jan specifically.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They say our climate is heading towards what DC is now 

They have been predicting that Glacier National Park would be melted down since the 1930s. The National Park Service had to change their last official sign recently which had projected 2020 to now 2040. I'll be taking my first trip to see the glaciers in 2040.

7 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

They have been predicting that Glacier National Park would be melted down since the 1930s. The National Park Service had to change their last official sign recently which had projected 2020 to now 2040. I'll be taking my first trip to see the glaciers in 2040.

It depends on location, elevation and exposure. Most of the glacier's are retreating. Grinnell is melting fast. Salamander and Gem glacier are stable.

57.1F !  for a 730pm temp at 1100 feet in Central NH is quite a feat.   Usually happens with fog and rain with a cutter but not all day with partly cloudy skies

3" left at snowstake.

Tomorrow AM might be fun to take a road trip  15 or so miles and some crazy gradient in temperature.  Dot's represent approx location of Brian and me

Untitled.jpg

29 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Feels like a late spring night out there. Pansy popped today in the rocks in my yard. Sits in the sun all day. Crazy!

486848BB-F67F-45DF-BEB0-BF68092AC7AD.jpeg

A wonderful photo. A definition of natural beauty. A promise for the future several months ahead. In the days/weeks to come feet of snow will cover it but still, a promise is a promise. As always .....

• Like 7
  • Confused 1