Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 10th-12th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

2 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

new LOT map with 2-4 city proper which is hard to argue given current trends of most models showing defo swinging through to some degree

rid

There is my call from 3 days back. Heavy Rain. Brief transition to frozen. Back end thump. Too early to spike the ball in the end zone though...

8 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

Trend with 0z guidance thus far is to have that front across N/C. IL tomorrow evening/night to end up further N/NW. 

In turn, means less sleet/freezing rain for NE. IL and more rain, due to a later change over.

Paging Alek...

the HRRR keeps stepping this way each run, gonna be nearly all rain statewide for this first round.

just gotta get those early GFS miss south/east with the defo runs to come back into play and the 1.3" rainer call is back on the table :weenie:

For any given event the number of factors that need to line up for any one particular area to receive heavy snow or ice far exceeds the few things that will cause a forecast to so call bust. The non event forecast for your backyard is always the easy money play.

I expect these,  finer details of the system will continue to create havoc on the forecasters as we move closer. Almost everyone is going to experience the transition from spring back to winter with this one.  For me I'm looking at buckets of rain with a freeze up on the back side. Warm slotted from beginning to end.  Although one more eastern nudge could change this.

Don't have to worry about model madness when you've known you're getting rain for 5 days now. :lmao:

That said, weak/east seasonal trend on one side and warm/amped (maybe too amped) on the other side easily makes this one of the more painful forecasts this season. Curious to see what the rest of the 12z suite shows.

Just now, geddyweather said:

Don't have to worry about model madness when you've known you're getting rain for 5 days now. :lmao:

That said, weak/east seasonal trend on one side and warm/amped (maybe too amped) on the other side easily makes this one of the more painful forecasts this season. Curious to see what the rest of the 12z suite shows.

Yeah, huge sensible weather impacts across the transition zone. 

Social media is certain to be full of people slaying LOT "I got snow and you told me it would rain" or "I was prepared for ice and cancelled my plans, and it just rained". 

So many factor in play and it shows with such differences this close to onset.