Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 10th-12th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

1 hour ago, Baum said:

^

not yet. But it has all the earmarks to become that in a tough winter too date. The only thing that brings pause is I have seen alot of these trend south vs north the past couple seasons.

I don't think the slp ever wraps up and develops a nice defo like you want to see from a cutter and the initial slug of WAA precip as the trough ejects is going to be rain here

27 minutes ago, DAFF said:

Thinking the best way of describing this system is by transition. Wet stuff will fall, lots of it. How the cold transitions this rain to a wintery form of precip, here lies the unknown.

Exactly. This is the hostile pre-Jan 20 pattern. I expected chances thru Jan 20 but the cold will wait til late Jan into Feb. A rain ending as snow scenario would be ok i guess lol

• Weenie 1

26 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Exactly. This is the hostile pre-Jan 20 pattern. I expected chances thru Jan 20 but the cold will wait til late Jan into Feb. A rain ending as snow scenario would be ok i guess lol

...which was preceeded by the hostile December pattern when talk of the New Year's  turn around was all the chatter amongst the weenie class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IWXwx said:

With the amount of moisture to work with and models QPF for central/southern IN, there will be some significant flooding. Cue JanetJanet

Man, you guys do NOT need another wet winter into spring.   I still couldn't believe all the flooding driving back to Columbus from Marion after my daughter's graduation last May.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Which depending on geography, wasn't necessarily saying much.   I still have nightmares of that Feb'07 storm...   12" of snow predicted the morning of = .3" of sleet by nightfall.  

That winter was hot garbage outside of that one storm.