Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 8th, 2020 Coastal - little critter

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, dryslot said:

These would be the types of storms that Scott would love to do analysis on, He left us way to soon................:(

It was before my time on here, or at least right when i started posting in late 14. I believe he changed his SN to clinch leatherwood. Never got the chance to meet or talk to him.

9 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Given the speed and intensity, even if we were in the meat of it, say a perfect track over ACK or something like that i think this is at best a high end adv, low end warning senario, at best. But given this winter that would be warm welcomed here. Heck, this still has the potential to be my biggest "storm" of the season so far...

Yeah, the bar has been set pretty low so far. Hoping we can sneak an inch.

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It was before my time on here, or at least right when i started posting in late 14. I believe he changed his SN to clinch leatherwood. Never got the chance to meet or talk to him.

Yes, Clinch, We would PM late at night to discuss some of these nuances, I still have some of his PM's actually, I just looked back.

11 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Hey Scott, Ray,, was Scott aka Messenger at the GTG at Clarke's December of 2014 when I met most of the BOS area guys?

I think he was departed by then.  I’m pretty sure that I am the only one of us who met him,  we used to all be on mirc back about 20-22 years ago.  I had dinner with him in Hingham at this fish place.   He had an iPhone-wasn’t yet available on Verizon.  We were checking out the ETA for the snowmageddon DC storm to see if we had a shot,  He was reeling but the line snapped and we know what we ended up with.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I think he was departed by then.  I’m pretty I am the only one of us who met him,  we used to all be on mirc back about 20-22 years ago.  I had dinner with him in Hingham at this fish place.   He had an iPhone-wasn’t yet available on Verizon.  We were checking out the ETA for the snowmageddon DC storm to see if we had a shot,  He was reeling but the line snapped and we know what we ended up with.

Last time he logged on here was 3/3/15 or maybe a family member.

He was a good guy. On this board you get to know a lot of people every day from posting. Sometimes it feels like you know the person for years and you never  even met them. It’s just from frequent posting. When he passed, it was definitely a sad and sudden thing. It puts things into perspective.

• Like 4

I would read over the Juno thread during the summer and he was all over the last minute NE adjustment of the models and was doubting the Tuesday snows from that Blizzard.  That is how I got to my 32" of snow, that day of snow.  A huge plume of snows developed past 8:00 am and then Scott aka messenger was congratulating Scott and Will for a great job on the prediction of the day of snow.

One of the things I like the most about messenger was his ability to make people make a call on a storm.  Not an easy thing to do particularly with pros but he had a a way of getting people to commit to a forecast.  He was also a 24 hour poster, many late night and early morning posts before and during storms.

• Like 1