Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 8th, 2020 Coastal - little critter

Baroclinic Zone

25 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Bob, no disrespect or slight intended.  It's just that the gyrations over a possible inch of snow have become well..cumbersome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNn4bbbgSw

Don’t sweat it.  6” is a big storm for this season.  Some have lucked out with more north of me.  To see if we can pull off a few more inches in the midst of an epic torch would be pretty amazing to pull off.

• Like 2

Although my love for extreme weather will never dwindle, no matter how many tornadoes I will have to face in the future, I love these type of systems where the questions will always exist until the storm is 150 miles northeast of Provincetown, MA and the dry northwest winds prevail.  The puzzle is as interesting as anything.  The puzzle where the pieces are always moving and evolving.  The suspense and mystery is where the fun is.  The anticipation before the snow starts that is the fun.  Also storms like Juno, Neptune, NEMO and Blizzard of 2005 are all awesome to witness.  My dad was plowing that Sunday afternoon in Jan 2005 Blizzard, and I told him with about 18" of snow on the ground, I told him another 18 was on the way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Although my love for extreme weather will never dwindle, no matter how many tornadoes I will have to face in the future, I love these type of systems where the questions will always exist until the storm is 150 miles northeast of Provincetown, MA and the dry northwest winds prevail.  The puzzle is as interesting as anything.  The puzzle where the pieces are always moving and evolving.  The suspense and mystery is where the fun is.  The anticipation before the snow starts that is the fun.  Also storms like Juno, Neptune, NEMO and Blizzard of 2005 are all awesome to witness.  My dad was plowing that Sunday afternoon in Jan 2005 Blizzard, and I told him with about 18" of snow on the ground, I told him another 18 was on the way.

How many tornadoes do you plan on facing on Cape Cod?

28 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Don’t sweat it.  6” is a big storm for this season.  Some have lucked out with more north of me.  To see if we can pull off a few more inches in the midst of an epic torch would be pretty amazing to pull off.

I think it was 2 or 3 Feb’s ago where we went from a torch to a 10-20”er.

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

This remind me of the Mar 2nd 2019 little turd.

That one stung. We had a big set of runs in a big NW trend about 36-48 hours before it hit (closer than we are now) and then it got pulled out from under us. I still think we got 2-3" or so in eastern areas (less back west) but it could have been like 6-10 or more. 

We did get a good system two days later on 3/4 though. 

41 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You called me parenthetically a denier. Your psycho babble mixed with science is what we all call horseshit Tip. Your melt earlier today was an all timer. Hard to take anyone serious after reading that. Lol.

Fast flow for a decade in the midst of a decade of slow moving bombs in all seasons. Personally I have seen more slow movers this past decade than my previous 5. Could you link me to these papers you so often quote and then I can judge their relevance to Wednesday's fast mover and whether or not a similar setup in the pre industrial era would have given the same result. 

False. Never said u were a denier

factually what took place is you said, “it doesn’t fit the narrative “ clearly in deference to a conversation you were not a part of

You often do this ... make cowardly underhanded discrediting/slander tactics. 

What I said was…”yes that fits the narrative” (Steve). 

cockeyed on this deny stuff; I have no idea where that’s coming

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

RGEM at 48 looks fairly close to NAM idea.

I get the impression that’s about as compact as this thing is going to get in terms of being in the same space and time with those two short waves… i.e. phasing. They may more proficiently yet but they’re gonna have to do it out towards the Maritimes as it takes time to phase. And the translation velocity the whole set up is just moving too quick While the wave interaction is contained within

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That one stung. We had a big set of runs in a big NW trend about 36-48 hours before it hit (closer than we are now) and then it got pulled out from under us. I still think we got 2-3" or so in eastern areas (less back west) but it could have been like 6-10 or more. 

We did get a good system two days later on 3/4 though. 

You mean this?

00000fv3p_apcpn24_neus_10.thumb.png.66a4281279ce6362c8cf5382b8617ef6.pnghrdps_apcpn_neus_48.thumb.png.48fea30ff9ead974617caf0e303157e6.png

I never really bought into those big numbers as the consensus was much lower and the reality of the storm as a whole. I went 2-5 across the state and 1-2 NW and we ended up with slightly less than that. I didn't feel a sting from it as i was in the 2-5 range and ended up with 3.

it was actually the next calandar day for the 2nd storm. Snowed that sunday night (from early Sat morning so 36 hours in reality) into early monday morning with 3"/hr rates at times, ended up with 10-15 across a good chunk of CT