Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

MountainGeek

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It was exaclty that but on a very small scale. Winds turned, temps dropped, dendrites grew. Fun afternoon. 

The CCB in the 2016 blizzard was just awesome. It was just dumping snow and the winds were whipping once it swung a bit east and got me for several hours in the afternoon. It was just west of 95 most of the morning. You literally couldn't see a few houses down the street, and it was so cold.

4” total 12 miles WNW of Westminster

my brother who lives on 108 in Columbia said about 2-2.5” 

not too shabby Considering half of the board was claiming it was too warm yesterday for snow to stick (debunked every single time)  Elevation per usual played a role in how quickly the snow stuck. Didn’t take very long up here in Union bridge.. versus along the 95 corridor. 

glad we could sneak one out in a pretty horrendous pattern. 

• Like 2

Snowfall looked nice all throughout with some heavier looking flakes just in the past half hour but it's had a lot of trouble accumulating around Patterson Park. Seems nearly finished, flakes are getting smaller again. Wish there'd been enough to at least clean cover the grass and give the trees some white branches but it was nice to at least watch it fall. Half an inch probably.

4 minutes ago, jayyy said:

4” total 12 miles WNW of Westminster 

my brother who lives on 108 in Columbia said about 2-2.5” 

not too shabby Considering half of the board was claiming it was too warm yesterday for snow to stick (debunked every single time) 

My yard backs to 108 and that jives perfectly with my 2.3”

• Like 1