• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

MountainGeek

No frustration here. Common sense was that this would happen. That's why I said what I said earlier. Wasn't whining. Was just calling it how I saw it. Not sure why it's okay to do that when it supports snow but when it goes against the snow forecasts it's viewed as whining lol. 

It's easy to find actual whining. Also, to those of you getting nice snow, I'm thrilled for y'all! Hopefully we do get a big temperature drop for those waiting. Just remember that everything will be okay regardless, not the end of the world(or more accurately, winter). 

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Dropped to 39 in the last 5 mins. Prob need to be around 36 before all snow takes over. Boundary warmth is legit but really shallow (thank god). 

Just from poking around the DOT cameras and Wunderground, it looks like 36/37 is where we are seeing a changeover, but it is 33/34 before it starts to whiten the grass.  No snow on the sides of the roads until you get pretty far west on 66 (Marshall/Markham).

• Like 1

Just now, MN Transplant said:

Just from poking around the DOT cameras and Wunderground, it looks like 36/37 is where we are seeing a changeover, but it is 33/34 before it starts to whiten the grass.  No snow on the sides of the roads until you get pretty far west on 66 (Marshall/Markham).

SW of us had the benefit of great timing with precip early in the AM. We're dealing with exactly what we were thinking yesterday... Boundary layer will be annoying...