Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

MountainGeek

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Returns are starting to green as they move toward the metro. Be interesting to see how it turns out. 

Where you at? Your location says Harlem.

mPING reports suggest its snow/mostly snow in Dale City and just outside Oakton, which at least means that the rain/snow line won't be too far away from the metro -- if it starts as rain at all.

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Where you at? Your location says Harlem.

mPING reports suggest its snow/mostly snow in Dale City and just outside Oakton, which at least means that the rain/snow line won't be too far away from the metro -- if it starts as rain at all.

I live in Harlem but I'm visiting the 'rents in Chevy Chase rn. 

Dew points are low so yeah I bet it changes over fast. 

This is my super secret early first estimate for a hypothetical guess.  I will issue my first updated early estimated guess later today and my final forecast sometime tomorrow after I read the storm report bulletins. 

StormMap.png.97240022b89209cd6d6592c37e5f9bbe.png

I actually feel pretty good about this one for anyone NW of 95... some pretty good forcing and omega showing up. Should overcome marginal temps there.  I could even see some of those 3-4" totals sneak in real close to 95 if banding sets up right.   In the UHI...it will be close and you know the drill.  Good luck everyone.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This is my super secret early first estimate for a hypothetical guess.  I will issue my first updated early estimated guess later today and my final forecast sometime tomorrow after I read the storm report bulletins. 

StormMap.png.97240022b89209cd6d6592c37e5f9bbe.png

I actually feel pretty good about this one for anyone NW of 95... some pretty good forcing and omega showing up. Should overcome marginal temps there.  I could even see some of those 3-4" totals sneak in real close to 95 if banding sets up right.   In the UHI...it will be close and you know the drill.  Good luck everyone.

hell yeah 3-5"

14 minutes ago, H2O said:

43F at the office.  But I have only one question.  How can @nw baltimore wx and @Scraff be drinkin already on a Tuesday?  don't you punks work?

:lol: I luckily found myself a way into the beer industry. I work at home Monday’s and Tuesday’s taking beer orders. Wednesday-Friday I’m around MoCo selling / and or chilling at one of my 6 breweries.  It’s a rough life I tell ya. 

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

:lol: I luckily found myself a way into the beer industry. I work at home Monday’s and Tuesday’s taking beer orders. Wednesday-Friday I’m around MoCo selling / and or chilling at one of my 6 breweries.  It’s a rough life I tell ya. 

hook a brother up in about a year and a half.  Va always needs more breweries.

• Like 1