Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

MountainGeek

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Really cool stuff on the leading edge. Wall of precip has feathers due to dry air. Overcomes almost immediately. Juicy slug inbound..

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-12

I'm at work waiting for them to make a decision. We technically go by MC Government but we always seem to be more generous than them. No decision yet. 

First snow driving test potentially for my new car. JebDrive. 

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Actually, no. The decision is harder to make than you would think.  MARC and VRE run only one way because of shared tracking with Amtrak and CSX so there are a lot of rail logistics to iron out.  Even with a plan in place, which there is, it takes at least two hours to switch business operations.

What does MARC and VRE have to do with Arlington schools?

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Waiting sucks

Don't worry. In  an hour this thread will be so busy you won't be able to keep up and even if you design a perfect troll post it will get buried with reports of "RIPPAGE!" or "White Meteors" or "OMG F me it's raining". Yea, something like that. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Don't worry. In  an hour this thread will be so busy you won't be able to keep up and even if you design a perfect troll post it will get buried with reports of "RIPPAGE!" or "White Meteors" or "OMG F me it's raining". Yea, something like that. 

Bob's dead on -- once it hits it is hot and heavy. More than makes up for the wait.

Closing in on 0.5" now, 32/25

1 minute ago, MountainGeek said:

Bob's dead on -- once it hits it is hot and heavy. More than makes up for the wait.

Closing in on 0.5" now, 32/25

Crazy.. I am a little east of you and fringed by that first band.. wow! I saw pictures of everything covered just west of Hillsboro! so close! Seems echos are picking up in my backyard now.

• Like 1