Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

MountainGeek

5 minutes ago, George BM said:

What is the estimated diameter of the flakes IYBY you'd say?

All jokes aside they are large. We are in an area of good dendritic growth right now and the flake size is responding to it. Yellows and oranges on the radar traversing my region. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

while school buses skid out of control into giant pits of fire?

You need to check out a documentary on Netflix if you have not already. It is Figure 8 School Bus racing in Bithlo, FL. Not a demolition derby, but when school buses go around a track in a figure 8 there will be interactions in the middle. Absolutely fascinating Americana. You have to get past the "community" environment, but it is well worth it. One of those documentaries where you say to yourself why am I watch this and then 20 min later you are still watching it. Kind of like the Cat Show documentary also on Netflix. :D

https://www.netflix.com/title/80128688

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/239

• Like 2

No ground truth (or if there is it must just be flurries) to the returns over Charlottesville right now, per live cameras in the area. Seems that we might be contending with a little bit of dry air.

In my Arlington location, temps have stopped rising at 34. Mostly cloudy now. Doubt we hit the 45 degree mark that the HRRR is advertising. 

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

No ground truth (or if there is it must just be flurries) to the returns over Charlottesville right now, per live cameras in the area. Seems that we might be contending with a little bit of dry air.

In my Arlington location, temps have stopped rising at 34. Mostly cloudy now. Doubt we hit the 45 degree mark that the HRRR is advertising. 

Dry air can be a good thing when temps are sketchy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

1578441600-NWIR4eOpPME.png

Close to heartbreak near DC, but this was actually maybe the best run for Baltimore yet. Maybe it calms down that Baltimore guy.

If that's the case hopefully it way over performs up there with the larger numbers because the 12k nam is not even close down this way. 

• Like 1