• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

MountainGeek

12K NAM definitely moved north of DC.  Still not a bad showing but north central MD is better.  North central VA worse. 3K similar to previous run.  Neither are like 18z.  I think the Euro looks better for my backyard so I will hug it.  This is a nice little diversion until we see what happens later in Jan. 

11 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

If the 3K Nam is to be believed N DC and portions of Montgomery and Howard county will get the bulk of their snow within an hours time. 1.5-2 inch rates are showing up during the later commute between 5-6 pm. Might be a good day  to leave work early.

Just a guess, but I'd be surprised if school systems in the advisory areas don't announce an early dismissal to reduce late afternoon and evening traffic.

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Just a guess, but I'd be surprised if school systems in the advisory areas don't announce an early dismissal to reduce late afternoon and evening traffic.

Nothing would surprise me anymore when it comes to the school systems these days. Not like when I was growing up and we would all be gathered at the school windows watching the snow fall heavy with 3-6" already on the ground counting the time until school let out. Normal time no less.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This is what I am expecting. They will decided by 10am, I’ll leave at noon and be on the couch and in pjs before 1pm ready for snow :lol:

• Like 1