Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Tuesday January 7 Potential Snow Event

ChescoWx

East Nantmeal Township - Chester County PA 8pm Obs

Light Snow and 32.5 but appears accumulation is over. Total accumulation was 1.5" (ties for our largest snow of the season!) back on December 11th.

With our 1.5" of snow today and the 1st for the new year we are at 69% of normal snow for January through today (2.2"). Seasonal Snow now stands at 3.5" which is only 42% of our normal seasonal snow of 8.4" through the 7th.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Had mostly rain which tapered to a hour or two of white rain mostly light in nature. Looks like it's just about out of here. 0.0" accumulation. The NAM was it's usual out to lunch self. Glad the writing was on the wall with some advance so not really a disappointment. 

Ended with .3" le in the gauge. Light coating of slush on decks and cars.

16 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I saw/heard Mt. Holly issuing the various Snow Squall Warnings. May end up getting more from that than this last event! :lol:

radar3-01082020.png

Yeah my phone alerted and after last night I was like uh oh what now. When I saw what it was, I said ok, cool!

Eta - need it to bump north a smidge!

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Sun has gotten obscured. Leading edge has dribbled over me but the warning window is still outside of the city limits.  Not seeing flakes yet but I expect they are coming.  Temp is 33.

radar6-01082020.png

Most of ours went to the south. Northern Delaware probably got a good bit. Did get a light dusting on top of last nights coating.

13 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Had mostly rain which tapered to a hour or two of white rain mostly light in nature. Looks like it's just about out of here. 0.0" accumulation. The NAM was it's usual out to lunch self. Glad the writing was on the wall with some advance so not really a disappointment. 

In fairness, the NAM was the only model that painted 6" totals across areas to your west. That is indeed what we got...and in some areas a little more. 

My experience over a whole lot of years tells me that the NAM can be useful for identifying where the heaviest precip will fall and also the amount. It absolutely nailed the blizzard of '16 out this way with it's prolific amounts. The NAM was steadfast that the south central part of PA was going to get up to 3'...and it was right. No other model depicted the crazy amounts that ended up verifying. 

One thing the NAM is awful on is the expanse of the precip shield...you NEVER want to be on or near the fringe. I believe that your area was on the eastern fringe of the NAM's shield yesterday.