• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Is BUFKIT Obselete

I haven't been in the weather game forever, but I have been in it long enough to go through a generation or two of weather techonolgy. 

Given that many model sites (PivotalWeather, TropicalTidbits, etc) allow you to view model soundings right from the page, is BUFKIT now obsolete? 

• 2 weeks later...

It's great that there is the ability to very quickly views soundings (point-and-click) from various websites, however, bufkit still has strong advantages. For one, you can load up as many profiles as you want into bufget and with the click of a button you can instantly (well not instantly...does take a small amount of time to gather the data) view the most current data for numerous stations. One of my profiles has about 106 or so various stations...takes about 2-3 minutes to compile but it's all available on one display. 

Like what was stated above...very easy to quickly scroll through the soundings and you have the ability to see other information which isn't available on other sites. Also agreed...this certainly needs to be kept up with the times a bit more. I also wish there was an extensive "user manual" to go through everything bufkit has to offer and explain each feature...there are numerous products which I am unsure of the use, how to interpret them, or how to apply them.

• Like 2