Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4-5 Mixed Bag Discussion Thread

Bostonseminole

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You were still in diapers for 1/2 the 80s.

Lol..he talks like he was actually old enough to really understand the 80’s...all of the 80’s. He was a lil twerp in the 80’s.  But he is right..most of the80’s sucked for snowstorms...90% of the storms dudded out most every time.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well what about the 00z run last night? That was still way south too. 

These current runs aren't even that north. They don't get much qpf up in NNE...actually anywhere. They are weak. The biggest difference is the obscene deep h5 that the euro had for 2-3 runs which produced a big CCB. 

My only point was for comic relief by saying that..as Dendy did yesterday too.

But Yes, the 0z was good last night and so was 6z this morning.  Wish we could go back to that Nuking Closed H5 low underneath us idea of those runs. 

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We were all over it because the Euro went 300+ miles south in 6 hrs, You find that normal for the Euro? I don’t.

Of course I don’t.  

I said what I said cuz I was being comical about the off hour runs.  Geez, I guess only METS can make funny comments about off hour runs...and hobbyists can’t.

2 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I was 12 in 1980, take it from me it most certainly was with few exceptions a dreadful decade for big snow 

YUP..FOR SURE.  We are the same age...we know the 80’s well, and everything just always went to crap with almost every single storm..it was dreadful! And just quite unbelievable how bad a run that decade was with snowstorms.   

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ain’t even close to being the same..lol.  

Nope, I lived thru the 60's and 70's as well and there were some great ones back in those decades, Then came along the 80's, And that's when most of your snowmobile manufacturers went out of business due to lack of seasonal snow.

• Sad 1

Scooter was born in like '79? I'm sure he remembers most of the 80s...esp the dreadful years which mostly started in 84-85. 

I was born in '81 and I remember most of the shit years in the late 1980s and the lean years actually went into the first 3 seasons of the '90s. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

From former Box Met Byrce W today at Stowe.  Gotta tell ya my heart bleeds for you

Not asking for sympathy, ha.  Just relaying the facts. 

The statistics are what they are, but it doesn't mean we weren't having fun today.

Low tide and you make the best of it.

82038270_10103989117353710_7659338367208

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol..he talks like he was actually old enough to really understand the 80’s...all of the 80’s. He was a lil twerp in the 80’s.  But he is right..most of the80’s sucked for snowstorms...90% of the storms dudded out most every time.  

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Lol, But he read about it.

All in good friendly violent fun.  I only recall minimal weather events from the 80s.  A 1983 winter storm, Gloria, 1987 October snow.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Scooter was born in like '79? I'm sure he remembers most of the 80s...esp the dreadful years which mostly started in 84-85. 

I was born in '81 and I remember most of the shit years in the late 1980s and the lean years actually went into the first 3 seasons of the '90s. 

I'm bad with remembering years.  Obviously we've had a really nice stretch the past 25 years, with some ratters mixed in.  I can't remember back to back bad years.  When were the last back to back seasons that were below average for SNE.? Born in late 85 so my snow memories start with the 93 superstorm, so I've been spoiled.  

Born in '69 to a family that loved snow. Well loved removing it anyway from 68 to about '83. After 83 Dad decided that snow wasn't really a thing anymore and sold the truck.  He purchased another one in  88 only to suffer through 4 more horrible winters. Then '93 showed up when I was 23 and   made winter great again.  

So I've said before and will say it again you don't wan to know what the 80's were really like.  Just a blur of addidas sneakers, Iroc's and cocaine. 

Also the shittiest winters known to man.  I'm not going back.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

92-93 was decent and of course 93-94 and 95-96.  Quite the turn around from the 80’s. Early 80’s(79-80, 80-81)sucked here too..believe me. But when your 4,5 and 6 years old in the early to mid 80’s, you’re certainly not getting/understanding the total idea that a mid teen ager is understanding at that same time. 

Born in '84. The only snow memory I have from that decade was a Thanksgiving dump...thinking '88 or '89? That and the Hamden tornado are the only weather memories I have from those formative years. Vague memories of Dec '91 and then March '93 was the first time my weather memory became crystal clear. 

2 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

Born in '69 to a family that loved snow. Well loved removing it anyway from 68 to about '83. After 83 Dad decided that snow wasn't really a thing anymore and sold the truck.  He purchased another one in  88 only to suffer through 4 more horrible winters. Then '93 showed up when I was 23 and   made winter great again.  

So I've said before and will say it again you don't wan to know what the 80's were really like.  Just a blur of addidas sneakers, Iroc's and cocaine. 

Also the shittiest winters known to man.  I'm not going back.

Tony Montana stole our snow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I'm bad with remembering years.  Obviously we've had a really nice stretch the past 25 years, with some ratters mixed in.  I can't remember back to back bad years.  When were the last back to back seasons that were below average for SNE.? Born in late 85 so my snow memories start with the 93 superstorm, so I've been spoiled.  

Late '90s had some bad years in certain spots. '97-'98, '98-'99, and '99-'00 could've been very bad years consecutively in the right spots. I think all 3 were putrid in southern CT. Coastal MA and RI did ok in '98-'99 and interior elevated MA did ok in '97-'98. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Born in '84. The only snow memory I have from that decade was a Thanksgiving dump...thinking '88 or '89? That and the Hamden tornado are the only weather memories I have from those formative years. Vague memories of Dec '91 and then March '93 was the first time my weather memory became crystal clear. 

Thanksgiving 89..I was 21.  Riding my sled around the neighbor that T-Day morning..Real nice little storm that was. One of the few that actually worked out on the positive side. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Hilarious to me. Just yesterday the meteorologist in Connecticut where like. " Oh, this is going to be a good size Snowstorm for Sunday ". The models were showing a fair amount of snow, to today, looks like the snow chances dropped off to just a couple of mood flakes at the end of it on Sunday. I am not sure what's going on, but, last Year started off with what was supposed to be a great pattern for cold and snow and we didn't get it. This year they were saying a much better pattern than last year definitely going to be a good winter for the Northeast for cold and snow. Northern New England has done well so far, but Southern New England to the Mid-Atlantic not good at all. So much for a good winter. I know it's only the beginning of January, but even the 14-day Outlook is way above normal with not much snow chances. I'm sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated. But whatever, it's just weather LOL

Why are people saying that NNE has done well so far? I'm pretty sure we are running average if not slightly below, while SNE has had a huge month. All relative to climo of course but this does not strike me as a great winter so far up here. 

• Like 1