Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-5 Mixed Bag Discussion Thread

Bostonseminole

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Incremental improvement on GFS as redevelopment is further southwest but it is still ka-ka for most of New England. Powderfreak to tamarack score a bit though. 

I mean if we can get Logan 11-PF-Tamarack to score, I’ll certainly sit back and smoke a cigarette in satisfaction. 

• Haha 1

Re James' unchecked unabashed ebullient reaction to the NAM...   you need to get that trough rotated around at a minimum into a neutral orientation, then we'll talk.  This system doesn't have the dynamics to do it positively tilted, so it's going to need to better DPVA to get the lift required... This run is trying desperately but -

I wouldn't sweat it personally. I'm putting my chips in a Euro 70/ukmet 30 blend and letting the dice roll ... The entire American cluster owns the burden of proof as it's not really as dependable as the Euro at < D4 leads.  Plus, if anything the trend vector has been pointing toward the Euro in this case.

Oh, this GFS solution is clearly a trend toward the 12z Euro in the H500 synoptic evolution - coherently so...  I'd say it's an incremental improvement if one is of the ...more rather than less snow and storm political orientation...

Rare bird in here, I know -

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I deserve the criticism, the service of our country doesn't absolve me of that.  My enthusiasm needs to be tamed.

Thank you James. I have not been on the board long but you have also called some great scores! Enthusiasm is what keeps us young and I enjoy it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think Cranky is Pope. They are only ones using FV3

But Kevin, if we go by the GFS/FV3 solution...it plays right into your call of no snow till after 1/20.  You should be rooting for it to keep the crap solution, this way you’ll be that much closer to making the right call. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I deserve the criticism, the service of our country doesn't absolve me of that.  My enthusiasm needs to be tamed.

I can speak for myself here.......what I say in these threads outside of my (helplessly useless level of) met knowledge and observations should be taken with a sense of joviality.  Not criticisms.  Sit back, enjoy the weather.  :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think Cranky is Pope. They are only ones using FV3

So the GFS is crap and no one should use it but Cranky is Pope and he's using the GFS?

Not following the logic here, did you mean "poop"?

Edit: Ah, you mean the user on here that goes by that moniker. I see. Is he though?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But Kevin, if we go by the GFS/FV3 solution...it plays right into your call of no snow till after 1/20.  You should be rooting for it to keep the crap solution, this way you’ll be that much closer to making the right call. 

We need another sleet storm so it doesn't count.