Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4-5 Mixed Bag Discussion Thread

Bostonseminole

46 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Meh here.... unless this ticks a good amount in the next few days.

Maybe we get an inch or two... going to need big changes for more than that 

Lol ...  you mean like, 'unless this actual hits us'   - just say that

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Meaning no dice south of 90?

Seems to me N CT still could get 2-5 or something 

Lol. Obviously theres a gradient and it tapers off south. So yeah, there would prob be a few inches. 

But the best would be north. My gut still says it trends north again. 

• Like 1

Where the heck do you even find the nogaps (errr navgem) these days?

I used to peak on the ewall site because it was there and one click away...but it stopped loading on that site sometime before winter started. I didn't bother actively seeking it out since then. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I used to peak on the ewall site because it was there and one click away...but it stopped loading on that site sometime before winter started. I didn't bother actively seeking it out since then. 

TT 

• Thanks 1

Free: Tropical Tidbits

Paid: WeatherModels

I thought you were a regular user of TT?

P.S. can you check your PMs please

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Free: Tropical Tidbits

Paid: WeatherModels

I thought you were a regular user of TT?

P.S. can you check your PMs please

Yeah I do use TT. Admittedly though mostly for the HRRR and 3km NAM. Guess I just never noticed the navgem option since I don't usually scroll the global model tab. 

Check your PM

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It can be useful at times for trend ideas.  I haven’t looked at it today but if it was snowing a complete whiff today for the entire NE you could argue there’s a better chance this ticks south vs if it’s in dead agreement with the Euro it could mean this will end up congrats Ottawa 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Navy site is much more detailed 

nvg10.850.096.namer.gif

I remember those maps. I used to check that nogaps back in the day circa 2005-2010ish...it had a very consistent SE bias back then so it was worth checking to see if it was coming NW. It would sometimes be a harbinger of a NW trend if you got two runs in a row like that.

But nowdays I feel like it's a dartboard...

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Navy site is much more detailed 

nvg10.850.096.namer.gif

Wow that run is a classic storm for our area, the freezing line is southeast of ACK closest to the surface low.  Wow, look at the deformation.  12z EURO looked colder a better phase.  Again, I am not jumping in until we get closer to a consensus and the northern branch disturbance is better sampled.

I remember those maps. I used to check that nogaps back in the day circa 2005-2010ish...it had a very consistent SE bias back then so it was worth checking to see if it was coming NW. It would sometimes be a harbinger of a NW trend if you got two runs in a row like that.

But nowdays I feel like it's a dartboard...

Yeah, it was used a ton during the week before the Boxing Day 2010 Blizzard.  I remember that storm because we rained during most of it here.  I also was heading to Basic Military Training for the Air Force two weeks later.  I missed the January 11th 2011 storm and ones after that.  However, I heard the January 10/11th storm was rain here on the Cape, while my flight was postponed and I got stuck at O'Hare in Chicago.  We had a bad snowstorm there the night of the tenth.  I remember in that storm, the days leading up, we were debating about the backside energy entering the long wave trough and whether or not it would catch our main system and pull it west, and it did, too far west, clobbering NYC and Fairfield, CT while SE MA and BOS suffered dry slot issues.