Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

29 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Power didn't stay out too long, despite Isaias flashbacks. Maybe 4-5 hours? 

It's graupling here but if you squint really hard and believe in the magic of the season, it looks like beautiful dendrites. 

Big beautiful dendrites over here floating down, the perfect Christmas snow...that would’ve been preferred last night but I digress, what a wild two days of weather. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

Big beautiful dendrites over here floating down, the perfect Christmas snow...that would’ve been preferred last night but I digress, what a wild two days of weather. 

Quick coating here too.  What a swing, roughly a 30 degree temperature drop in 24 hours. Total of 2.13 in the bucket for the rain portion of this event. Ending this Christmas Day as a white Christmas :santa:

• Like 1

Good Wednesday morning nw suburbs: NWS has an advisory going for parts of the area tonight.  from my perspective Tonight-early Thursday: I84 corridor high terrain only. A bit of ice possible in the Poconos se NYS high terrain above 1000 feet toward midnight that changes to maybe a slight covering of snow early Thursday: Less chance of this occurrence CT/MA high terrain but possible there above 1000 feet, mainly early Thursday.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 11:40 AM, gravitylover said:

Yeah it's a weird scene there but it's a nice enough little town. There isn't much to it though. There's 4 or 5 small businesses and a town park and that's really about it.

Where is Tivoli in relation to Millerton? I used to have a client up there that I used to visit once a month. I found it interesting I was 2 miles from the Massachusetts border and still in Dutchess County.

I’ll never forget the October 3 snow there in the late 80s, I believe it was 1987. They received over a foot, in Northern Dutchess. I remember the tops of the trees on the Taconic Parkway were damaged from that event for years. 

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Where is Tivoli in relation to Millerton? I used to have a client up there that I used to visit once a month. I found it interesting I was 2 miles from the Massachusetts border and still in Dutchess County.

I’ll never forget the October 3 snow there in the late 80s, I believe it was 1987. They received over a foot, in Northern Dutchess. I remember the tops of the trees on the Taconic Parkway were damaged from that event for years. 

My grandfather had a heart attack and died shoveling snow near albany from that 87 storm. 

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Tivoli is on the river, Millerton is on the eastern border so about 25-30 miles E.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

You can walk right into MA from Dutchess on the South Taconic Trail. We even have a slice of the NY-MA-CT tri-point marker in the col between Brace and Frissell.

• Like 2