Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

Just now, LaGrangewx said:

Agreed I think a Fairly widespread foot give or take a few. Blend of Modeling seems to be picking up on that axis you mentioned and also heading into northern Westchester county looks great for a bit extra. 

I just don’t see this supposed extreme cutoff in our area. Only those humping the GFS see that and we all know that model performs worse than Stanton with runners on base 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

That said...I've personally experienced some painful extreme cutoffs in recent times.  

Agreed. Would be a shame if this trended that way as we get closer. Would you start taking a better look at Short range guidance starting tonight? I expect The NAM will most likely sink south some with every coming run

7 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I just looked that up in my records, .4" for me, storm total.

Yup 0 for me I believe and 6” in southern dutchess and then 30” in NYC lol. Absolutely brutal. There’s been other fringes I remember too like January 2014 I believe. I-84 has been a cutoff to a degree and the taconic mountains could potentially have something to do with it. East west fringe has also happened a bit. Feb 2013 I had 12-13 but across the CT border had 30 and then in 2015 one of the most epic busts I had 6“ and New England got crushed. I believe I’ve only had 3 18+ in the last 10 years And they are December 2010, February 2014 and March 2017. Bottom line from my experience Dutchess is in a tough spot to jackpot coastal Storms inmo we are usually either slightly Too far west or north. 

17 minutes ago, LaGrangewx said:

Yup 0 for me I believe and 6” in southern dutchess and then 30” in NYC lol. Absolutely brutal. There’s been other fringes I remember too like January 2014 I believe. I-84 has been a cutoff to a degree and the taconic mountains could potentially have something to do with it. East west fringe has also happened a bit. Feb 2013 I had 12-13 but across the CT border had 30 and then in 2015 one of the most epic busts I had 6“ and New England got crushed. I believe I’ve only had 3 18+ in the last 10 years And they are December 2010, February 2014 and March 2017. Bottom line from my experience Dutchess is in a tough spot to jackpot coastal Storms inmo we are usually either slightly Too far west or north. 

2.7" for me in that disatah.

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

That one I can't complain, 28" of wet snow for me.

1 hour ago, LaGrangewx said:

Speaking of which. February 2010 was also disaster for me. I got maybe 6-10” of mix slop flipping back and forth while 15 miles right across the river got 30+ lol

35 inches from the February 2010 storm, my best of all time, followed closely by January 1996 at 33 inches.

Yes I was that guy across the river with 30 plus. I did feel your pain but reveled in the glory nonetheless.

Is it me or has the Weather Channel gone downhill? They had a segment on the use of pickle juice as an ice melter instead of salt due to environmental hazards...:wacko:

That aside, looking forward to a good storm here in Cornwall!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Tpalm5 said:

Is it me or has the Weather Channel gone downhill? They had a segment on the use of pickle juice as an ice melter instead of salt due to environmental hazards...:wacko:

You know what one can use pickle juice for...picklebacks. 

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

35 inches from the February 2010 storm, my best of all time, followed closely by January 1996 at 33 inches.

Yes I was that guy across the river with 30 plus. I did feel your pain but reveled in the glory nonetheless.

As crazy as it sounds to some, that storm was frustrating because my temp was 33-34 for much of the storm. It was pouring snow but not adding up as much because was it so wet and settling in on itself. It started piling up again once the cold air rushed in and it changed to powder. 

35 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

As crazy as it sounds to some, that storm was frustrating because my temp was 33-34 for much of the storm. It was pouring snow but not adding up as much because was it so wet and settling in on itself. It started piling up again once the cold air rushed in and it changed to powder. 

Yet you still received 28 inches and I got 35 inches. That's one of the things that made it even more remarkable. Throw in that Boston received mostly if not all rain from that storm.

• Like 1

TWC sucks now. It’s either awful reality TV or every single event is an EVENT.

We recently flipped to YouTube TV (save $45/month versus FiOS), and it doesn’t have TWC. You don’t miss it. We have phones now to look up weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t realize how far north you guys are! Those cutoffs you spoke of are crazy.

I’m just due west in regards to burbs for MMU. It looks like it’s a good spot here for this storm. January 2016 was 25” or so here. One of the better storms here... on par with 1996.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I think this is a really good first(?) call from Albany. The messaging for the interior should be that a significant but not crippling snowstorm is on the way. If expectations are kept in check, all here should have a very enjoyable Thursday morning.

c5x1GSw.png

Very much in line with my prediction this morning of 8-12 inches in the mid Hudson Valley.