Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

19 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

As hard as it has been raining today I'm having a tough time believing all of the local stations. They're all between .22 and .28 and not reporting much for wind. My gutters have been overflowing for hours and water is running down the hill in torrents now. 

My station is reporting .28", sadly I forgot to re-install my Stratus after the fence upon which it lived was replaced over the weekend.

Thus far today I've been on the receiving end of two "nice weather if you're a duck"'s and one "imagine if this were snow." At least I haven't heard "we really needed this." 

Good Tuesday morning everyone, Dec 1.  You may be in the mix for some ice or snow this weekend... marginal chance, but I think some ice or snow is possible. Please see details on the December topic 544A post.  I'll shift everything here in the future, IF NYC is completely out of tail end trace snow and we are still in the mix.  Probably won't happen til Thursdays posts. 

• Like 5

~1.5" and warm, muggy and soggy blech... Just need another 10" or so to get to normal for the year but the recent moisture should at least mean that the well is good to go for a while.

Boy it's getting dark out there right now, kinda looks apocalyptic with black sky directly overhead and bright sunshiney goodness just down the hill to my east.

42 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

That's remarkably close though, all things considered. More than accurate enough for anybody in agriculture or forest management, or really anything besides official record-keeping.

I've had them much closer than this...can you please just let me continue to be OCD about weather measurements?  Thanks in advance.  :bike:

• Haha 2

These nice warm days have to end, they're getting expensive. Every time it's warm out I head to the driveway and start working on my new (to me) Range Rover. Well, the damned thing is 14 years old and the plastics are getting brittle and every time I pop a trim piece off I snap tabs and it doesn't fit right afterwards. I'm getting mechanical things solved but ending up with whistles or rattles. FYI supercharged Jaguar motors are all sortsa fun :)