• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

OK, I need to figure out my weenie hike tomorrow. Storm King probably offers the best snowliage potential on account of the leaves near the river don't fall until about MLK Day. Stissing is closest to me and therefore probably the safest trip with (presumably?) untreated roads, and is even a tad higher than Storm King. Overlook or North Point will see the best accums, but again, those roads could get dicey.

46* and .65 so far with steady rain. Miserable day but we sure do need it.

@Juliancolton, I don't think you can really call it until about 4am when we see where the snow sets up. I know you'll need to get well south of me if you want leaves on the trees, even right on the river in Peekskill is pretty much done already. I don't know about the high country in NNJ but from some mtb pics over the weekend it looked like it was pretty good.

edit: Actually, after reading Walts thoughts NNJ and SW CT are probably your best bet for snowliage. @Brian5671 what's the leaf/color situation down by you now? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

OK, I need to figure out my weenie hike tomorrow. Storm King probably offers the best snowliage potential on account of the leaves near the river don't fall until about MLK Day. Stissing is closest to me and therefore probably the safest trip with (presumably?) untreated roads, and is even a tad higher than Storm King. Overlook or North Point will see the best accums, but again, those roads could get dicey.

I think the elevation around the peak of storm king is around 1,200’. The hiking trails around black rock are around 800 or so. Still some leaves in the trees around that area.  Like gravitylover mentioned you will have too see where the ra/sn line sets up. Elevation will definitely have a factor. Good luck 

47 degrees with 0.70 so far in the bucket.

19 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, leaf reports would help. The Highlands around Storm King/Breakneck still had extensive coverage a couple days ago, but the weather the last couple days certainly could have changed that.

Minus one tree, that this morning at least still had some leaves, stick season has commenced in my yard. 

.70 in the Davis so far

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

You old guys gotta be careful with that stumbling ;) 

No offense to Forky but in that neighborhood I was actually trying to avoid a big bird sighting. Your right about stumbling, between 10pm and 6am, in a dark apartment, I feel like Gunga Din on multi water calls. As always .....

• Haha 1

34* W5-7 SN

All snow now and the temp is dropping pretty quickly. I haven't been out and I'm not going to but I bet those blocked up storm drains have some huge puddles from the heavy rain the last few hours which will start to freeze soon. I'm glad I have a video call that I have to be on between 2 and 3 so I'll just stay home and not go out and deal with the mess.

• Like 1

Down to 32.4° with moderate steady snow.

Sticking to trees and grassy areas now and looking winter like, which is always nice.

So most of us will end up only having to go from May 10 to October 29th without seeing measurable snow. Amazing when you consider what went on during most of last Winter. We shouldn't even refer to it as winter, it was just an extended Fall.

Let's hope for once another accumulating October snow doesn't lead to a crappy Winter. These always leave me feeling uneasy because I've seen this script end in disaster too many times.

• Like 1