Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

6 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Went biking yesterday and it is bone dry out there.  Today seems like an opportune time to check the gutters.

I have guards on the gutters that work well but I did have a clog of tiny maple seeds that worked in there and got stuck in the elbow, cleaned it out weeks ago, been waiting for a good test and this week out to bring it. The downside, as JC pointed out, will have some leave drop if we get into the heavy rains. 

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I have guards on the gutters that work well but I did have a clog of tiny maple seeds that worked in there and got stuck in the elbow, cleaned it out weeks ago, been waiting for a good test and this week out to bring it. The downside, as JC pointed out, will have some leave drop if we get into the heavy rains. 

Props on the early call about a strong season for foliage while I was still having doubts. It's getting more vivid seemingly by the hour. Some of the yellow tones are really golden and saturated beyond anything in many years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Props on the early call about a strong season for foliage while I was still having doubts. It's getting more vivid seemingly by the hour. Some of the yellow tones are really golden and saturated beyond anything in many years. 

Exceptional color right now.  I stupidly didn’t take any pictures.  Nice day out there.

3 hours ago, Hitman said:

Exceptional color right now.  I stupidly didn’t take any pictures.  Nice day out there.

Photographs rarely do the colors justice. Best bet is some saturated, low-grain film stock like Ektar 100 or Velvia 50, but shooting film is a PITA. It's one of those things you're generally better off simply absorbing in the moment. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

.12 overnight to begin softening the ground, would like to see some more lights rains.  Thanks to that rain, some heavy leaf drop from a couple of trees along the driveway.

It was gusty up here today as well, definitely noticed the colors attenuated somewhat. With the generally dry wx combined with last week's freezes, that'll probably be the big story for the season... leaves blazing but having no staying power.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

It was gusty up here today as well, definitely noticed the colors attenuated somewhat. With the generally dry wx combined with last week's freezes, that'll probably be the big story for the season... leaves blazing but having no staying 

Already close to an inch here.  Welcome.  Nice steady soaker.

• Like 1

Brothers and sisters, 'tis a glorious morn!  I have to admit, the leaf drop over this way was not as bad as I thought it could be after the storm.  Driving home yesterday I certainly saw spots that had that late summer worn out look that JC mentioned yesterday.  This morning though, glad to see vibrancy making a comeback in the leaves.  So if anyone is thinking of driving up here from further downstate, there's nothing to see here... :whistle: for us locals, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, some great sights out there this morning.    

• Like 4

LOL, it's gonna be an absolute circus this weekend. Beleaguered motorists abandoning their Subarus at exit 39 and just crawling the rest of the way to Weed Orchards. WOTHSP plunging into the river from the mechanical resonance of 100,000 Brooklynites marching in lockstep. OKX radar picking up echoes from graffiti overspray in vicinity of Breakneck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1