Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

On 8/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, BxEngine said:

Somers golf club should be bulldozed and literally anything else should be put there. Place is just rude. Golf courses shouldnt have trees. And water. And whats with all that sand? Terrible. 

You should have told me you were going to be there. I live right down the street. I could have come and played with you and showed you how to really screw it up. That's what I'm the best at.

Ooh, ooh, I got enough rain today to wet the ground! FKNA yeah :guitar:

• Like 1

It's so dry here now, that inch last week didn't do squat to alleviate the long term dryness. I poked a hole about 10" deep yesterday and it was sandy and dry all the way down. I guess my joking around about bring back the drought was taken a little too seriously :(  My well isn't doing too well, the pressure is inconsistent now and we are really having to be conservative which is tough with 4 people always home. While I don't really want the huge rains that come with a tropical system I really need it, I just hope it doesn't all come at once causing it to run off rather than getting a chance to soak in and do some good.

Damn, 60* and dry felt good this morning :) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's so dry here now, that inch last week didn't do squat to alleviate the long term dryness. I poked a hole about 10" deep yesterday and it was sandy and dry all the way down. I guess my joking around about bring back the drought was taken a little too seriously :(  My well isn't doing too well, the pressure is inconsistent now and we are really having to be conservative which is tough with 4 people always home. While I don't really want the huge rains that come with a tropical system I really need it, I just hope it doesn't all come at once causing it to run off rather than getting a chance to soak in and do some good.

Damn, 60* and dry felt good this morning :) 

Yeah, the whole area could use some sustained periods of rain instead of a deluge in 20 minutes or less.  Would think that forest fire danger is creeping up there now too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Well, lets see if the little bit of rain I got this morning opens the soil up so it accepts the rain later rather than rejecting it and causing it to run off (at least initially).

I'm hoping for a whole lot of noting later IMBY.  Saturday could be a soaking rain for a while at least.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah I really have no need for severe weather but do need multiple days with significant rain. The pressure coming out of our well is pretty inconsistent, that's when pumps get damaged and to replace ours is well over $3k because of how deep it is 

My next door neighbor has had a well driller pounding away for two days now. No water yet. I hope mine holds out, it’s over 500’ deep already.

• Like 1