Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

18 hours ago, Hitman said:

Back from riding blue mtn.  Firm but not dry.

of course I kicked off august by overheating for the first Time this season.  Dews were forecast to be in the 60’s but it’s 82/72 here.  I didn’t overdo it but I’m definitely feeling it.  Still sweating after showering. 
After lunch I’m doing my once a summer trip up on the roof to clean some windows and make sure the gutters are clear.

10 miles east of there it's as dry as it gets but it looks like we're gonna get doused in a few minutes. 

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
   Tornado Watch Number 410
   NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK
   310 PM EDT Sun Aug 2 2020

The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a

* Tornado Watch for portions of 
     Central and western Connecticut
     Western Massachusetts
     Extreme northern New Jersey
     Eastern New York
     Extreme northeast Pennsylvania
     Western Vermont

* Effective this Sunday afternoon and evening from 310 PM until
     1000 PM EDT.

* Primary threats include...
     A few tornadoes possible
     Scattered damaging wind gusts to 70 mph possible
     Isolated large hail events to 1.5 inches in diameter possible

SUMMARY...Scattered severe thunderstorms are expected across the
   watch area the remainder of this afternoon and early evening.  A few
   tornadoes will be possible along with damaging straight-line winds
   and isolated large hail.

The tornado watch area is approximately along and 70 statute miles
   east and west of a line from 35 miles north northwest of Saranac
   Lake NY to 25 miles south of Poughkeepsie NY. For a complete
   depiction of the watch see the associated watch outline update
   (WOUS64 KWNS WOU0).

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Looks like the heaviest rain stays west of the river tomorrow. Hopefully winds behave themselves on the dry side of the low. 

Not sure if you you saw it buried in the main thread but my son rode it out in a beach house in SC, was in what there was of the western eye wall last night, and quite possibly the edge of the eye itself as the winds just went to calm for a 30-45 minutes after ripping all evening. He was underwhelmed for a bit yesterday afternoon but that changed quickly as the center got closer, it was fun seeing his videos and chatting with him while all of this was going on yesterday evening. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Not sure if you you saw it buried in the main thread but my son rode it out in a beach house in SC, was in what there was of the western eye wall last night, and quite possibly the edge of the eye itself as the winds just went to calm for a 30-45 minutes after ripping all evening. He was underwhelmed for a bit yesterday afternoon but that changed quickly as the center got closer, it was fun seeing his videos and chatting with him while all of this was going on yesterday evening. 

Wow, hopefully he and his party are all safe. The storm surprised many of us with its last-minute rally after a week+ of floundering. 

Definitely a bucket list thing to experience the core of a real TC. 

9 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Wow, hopefully he and his party are all safe. The storm surprised many of us with its last-minute rally after a week+ of floundering. 

Definitely a bucket list thing to experience the core of a real TC. 

He was in the eye wall as it ramped up to 85 mph last night, the lights flickered off and back on once and some sand got under the posts for the stairs from the dune down to the beach lifting them up.  So that needs to be dug out a bit and that's it, no other issues fortunately.  Of course everything there is built to stand up to hurricanes to a certain Cat, which one I'm not sure, which helps a lot.  

• Like 1

Decent rain now, we can prob get close to 2” if we get a few more of these feeder bands before the precip shuts off this afternoon. 

At least ill be able to go a few days without watering the garden and i can hold off on putting water in my pool.