• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

Nope, two at most. It doesn't seem like it has been all that hot, unpleasant enough to keep me from doing some stuff yes but not as brutal as it could have been. I think if the pseudo drought had continued and things really dried out it would be a different story and we'd be seeing crazy high temps. I think I'd almost rather it be dry though as the humidity is a killer when you want to do outside things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Nope, two at most. It doesn't seem like it has been all that hot, unpleasant enough to keep me from doing some stuff yes but not as brutal as it could have been. I think if the pseudo drought had continued and things really dried out it would be a different story and we'd be seeing crazy high temps. I think I'd almost rather it be dry though as the humidity is a killer when you want to do outside things.

when I went to take the garbage out last night around 8, the dp was 78.  That was pretty unpleasant.  I can deal with the heat, its the humidity that does it.

picked up a paltry sixteenth of an inch last night.  Hoping for better today.

Yup from ac in the house to ac in the car to ac in the supermarket and back. We spent nearly an hour sitting outside in the shade with my father in law at the assisted living facility he's at and it was pretty unpleasant. He was totally comfortable, didn't even feel the need to wear a jacket! I'm not 94 so I don't understand... My daughter, bless her little 21 year old heart, just went for a road ride a little while ago, I'm sitting next to the garden drinking cold beer :) 

Just now, hudsonvalley21 said:

74 was the low here. It was 81 at 11pm last night. Thank god for air conditioning. 

Yeah, last night was absolutely abominable. Thanks be that we only get one or two evenings like that every year. It didn't drop below 80 until after 1 am, and then only got to 73.

Consoling myself by delving into Christmas display plans. Lights enthusiasts the country over are unanimously agreed that we have a morale imperative to go absolutely wild with our displays this year.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Man, these crazy storms where I get a few hundredths of an inch are awesome :arrowhead:  Maybe we'll get a hurricane and actually soak the forest for a change rather than just dampen the surface. The fire danger is starting to get scary.

I got almost a half inch last night.  Approaching 6" in July.

4 hours ago, Hitman said:

I got almost a half inch last night.  Approaching 6" in July.

I got .04, that makes .05 for the week. I should sit down and add it up but I doubt I'm over 3". It's so dry, SO DRY, in the woods near me right now, it's hardpan and dusty and the leaf carpet is crackly. Fire danger is coming up quickly now.

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

I got .04, that makes .05 for the week. I should sit down and add it up but I doubt I'm over 3". It's so dry, SO DRY, in the woods near me right now, it's hardpan and dusty and the leaf carpet is crackly. Fire danger is coming up quickly now.

Super dry here too. Hopefully we will get some of the tropical action to give things a drink. We have a chance before Isaias on Sunday but might be on the severe side. A section of Upton AFD,

LONG TERM /SUNDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/...
Although the focus of the long term remains Isaias, there is the
potential for a round of significant severe weather on Sunday.

A warm front is progged to be lifting thru the area on Sun. The
12Z NAM builds SBCAPE to over 3000 J/kg. Sufficient shear puts
the BRN firmly in the supercell range. In addition, A high EHI
embedded in this regime will add a tor threat. It is still too
far out to have high confidence in the details and timing, but
the data suggests the ingredients are potentially there for a
svr wx outbreak. Future forecasts and SPC outlooks will refine
this threat over the weekend. Pops were limited to 50 percent
based on the uncertainty, although the NBM suggests categorical
across the interior.

Back from riding blue mtn.  Firm but not dry.

of course I kicked off august by overheating for the first Time this season.  Dews were forecast to be in the 60’s but it’s 82/72 here.  I didn’t overdo it but I’m definitely feeling it.  Still sweating after showering. 
After lunch I’m doing my once a summer trip up on the roof to clean some windows and make sure the gutters are clear.