Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

On May 22, 2020 at 4:24 PM, IrishRob17 said:

Not a fan of the dews, I feel it today. It’s not terrible by any stretch, bouncing between 61-62...I need to move north. 

It's funny when the dews creep up into the low 60's this time of year, you really feel it.  Now if we were nearing the end of a humid summer it would feel much better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Littleton NH is a hidden gem ;)

It's misty out there, it has that kind of eerie B movie feel to it.

I know almost nothing of the Whites except for the stuff that my photography friends post. Biggest criteria are mountain views, no major population centers due south (Milky Way) or due north (auroras), good radiating track record, and no blatant snow hole. That last criterion is probably the most flexible... as long as it's wintry, who can tell the difference between 80" and 120" over 7 months?

Yeah northern NH is spotty in the snowfall dept but strong in the wintry dept. Like much of the north country it can start early and it can run quite late. It's guaranteed to have an unpleasantly cold/icy/mixed up mess period but you'll for sure get your dose of winter every year. You'll also get a couple of bonus seasons - mud season and black fly season that aren't much of a thing down here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah northern NH is spotty in the snowfall dept but strong in the wintry dept. Like much of the north country it can start early and it can run quite late. It's guaranteed to have an unpleasantly cold/icy/mixed up mess period but you'll for sure get your dose of winter every year. You'll also get a couple of bonus seasons - mud season and black fly season that aren't much of a thing down here.

As much as I luv it up north, mud season is brutal.  Worse than anything we experience down here.  

4 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

84/68, oppressive

Really feels like summer today.  I was just soaking in the warmth whenever possible.  Feels great after a horribly damp and chilly spring.

Been noticing a lot of grey tree frogs lately.  It could be poor memory, and it probably is, but I don't remember hearing them alongside peepers before.  I always thought the grey tree frogs came out later in June and beyond.

17 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

Really feels like summer today.  I was just soaking in the warmth whenever possible.  Feels great after a horribly damp and chilly spring.

Been noticing a lot of grey tree frogs lately.  It could be poor memory, and it probably is, but I don't remember hearing them alongside peepers before.  I always thought the grey tree frogs came out later in June and beyond.

I was talking to my dad on the phone yesterday and complaining about how the heat was making yard and housework so strenuous. "What are you talking about, this weather is beautiful!", he said from his air conditioned office where he arrived in the pre-dawn and spent the rest of the day...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I was talking to my dad on the phone yesterday and complaining about how the heat was making yard and housework so strenuous. "What are you talking about, this weather is beautiful!", he said from his air conditioned office where he arrived in the pre-dawn and spent the rest of the day...

Lol yeah, although the same thing is true for winter lovers who can stay home during a storm and don't have to actually travel through it.

I can work in the sun and heat just fine unless it's really hot and humid, like 93/75 or something.

10 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I need to get over there, been saying that for years... What's the course like?

Front 9 plays along the side of the top of the valley, so lots of elevation changes. Back 9 is more wide open and mostly stays at the top of the hill. Its usually in very good condition, not a bad deal for the price. 

One of the ways i tend to judge courses is by their par 3s...Garrison’s are difficult but very varied in length and how the greens are protected, makes them interesting. I just hate boring.

I'm very much the same way. If you have time you should head to Somers National, it's a super hilly and twisty affordable (during the week) 18.

Yay another misty wet day. This morning with the third dense fog morning in a row the slug and snail babies were out in force in the garden. I spent 4 hours with a tweezer and little shovel pulling them off plants and the ground. Yuck...

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

I'm very much the same way. If you have time you should head to Somers National, it's a super hilly and twisty affordable (during the week) 18.

Yay another misty wet day. This morning with the third dense fog morning in a row the slug and snail babies were out in force in the garden. I spent 4 hours with a tweezer and little shovel pulling them off plants and the ground. Yuck...

I played there last year (may have been the year before?), first few holes are super tight. We got eaten alive by bugs lol

• Like 1

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service New York NY
227 PM EDT Fri May 29 2020

NYZ067-301830-
Orange-
227 PM EDT Fri May 29 2020

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 234 IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EDT THIS
EVENING...

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for southeast New York.

.DAY ONE...This afternoon and tonight.

EB92E0F9-EC87-4772-A6AF-8D21C3224811.gif