• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

I got whacked good. I was outside appreciating all the newly planted goodies and what is going in tomorrow when the wind started. The treetops started rustling and it was nice then boom leaning hard and the wind worked down to the ground in a few seconds. The patio chairs started lifting as I threw the grill cover on. I grabbed the chairs from the fence, stacked 'em and ran inside soaked. 

The first one was hard and short without being terribly wet, the second line is super heavy rain without the strong winds. 

21 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I got whacked good. I was outside appreciating all the newly planted goodies and what is going in tomorrow when the wind started. The treetops started rustling and it was nice then boom leaning hard and the wind worked down to the ground in a few seconds. The patio chairs started lifting as I threw the grill cover on. I grabbed the chairs from the fence, stacked 'em and ran inside soaked. 

The first one was hard and short without being terribly wet, the second line is super heavy rain without the strong winds. 

Similar here with the two rounds. First found had a few gusts to 35-40. Total in the bucket so far 0.74. Looks like another round in an hour or so. 

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Sweet shots! I don't make it down to the Peekskill waterfront as much as I'd like, usually just in winter for eagle watching.

Down to 42 already which is a tad nerve-wracking. Sheesh.

The river walkway was extended south from the train station several years ago.  It’s really nice.  By the train station, there’s a taco place, peekskill brewery and an ice cream shop, so pretty well appointed for a summer evening.  The brewery has a large outdoor area which should prove handy when the lockdown is lifted.  Looking like mid hudson satisfies all the metrics shortly.

44 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Looking like mid hudson satisfies all the metrics shortly.

Yeah, those metrics...you know the one about contact tracers?  30 per 100k residents?  Well NYS told Orange County that we need 330 tracers....the math doesn’t add up since we have approx 400,000 residents. That tracers number was questioned but as of yesterday we still needed 330 just in the OC. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah, those metrics...you know the one about contact tracers?  30 per 100k residents?  Well NYS told Orange County that we need 330 tracers....the math doesn’t add up since we have approx 400,000 residents. That tracers number was questioned but as of yesterday we still needed 330 just in the OC. 

The HV has nearly twice the relative available ICU capacity of the other two redlit regions. It's a different ballgame once you leave the boroughs. Not sure why that isn't being recognized.

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I think the contact tracers are mostly already employees, in other capacities, of the county health departments, supplemented by home health aides/visiting nurses.  So they are already here, just waiting to be activated.  That won’t be an issue once the other metrics are met.

2 hours ago, Hitman said:

I think the contact tracers are mostly already employees, in other capacities, of the county health departments, supplemented by home health aides/visiting nurses.  So they are already here, just waiting to be activated.  That won’t be an issue once the other metrics are met.

Yes and no.  I can speak first hand for Orange County but not the others, word went out yesterday to all employees that tracers are needed. So most of, if not all, of the tracers will likely be current County employees but each needs to complete a specific online class with John Hopkins by tomorrow, why that’s the deadline I’m not privy to. And the thought is, if we actually need 330 we are screwed because things will be bad and all of our other work will be on hold anyway. 

5 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yes and no.  I can speak first hand for Orange County but not the others, word went out yesterday to all employees that tracers are needed. So most of, if not all, of the tracers will likely be current County employees but each needs to complete a specific online class with John Hopkins by tomorrow, why that’s the deadline I’m not privy to. And the thought is, if we actually need 330 we are screwed because things will be bad and all of our other work will be on hold anyway. 

Sounds like they want the qualification done by tomorrow because the rest of the metrics will likely be met in the next few days.  The only metric left unsatisfied is the 14 day decline in deaths/deaths of 5 or less on 3 day rolling average.  As of yesterday the latter was 7.  We get to 5 and we’re ready for phase one.  
they want 330 tracers but how many of the tracers are actually going to be used is a different story.  let’s hope the 330 are needed as a worse case scenario and they don’t actually ended up needing that many.
FWIW-I drove back from sterling forest today through Harriman and they have a huge testing facility set up in one of the giant parking lots.

btw-new mtn bike trails at sterling forest are really nice.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Sounds like they want the qualification done by tomorrow because the rest of the metrics will likely be met in the next few days.  The only metric left unsatisfied is the 14 day decline in deaths/deaths of 5 or less on 3 day rolling average.  As of yesterday the latter was 7.  We get to 5 and we’re ready for phase one.  
they want 330 tracers but how many of the tracers are actually going to be used is a different story.  let’s hope the 330 are needed as a worse case scenario and they don’t actually ended up needing that many.
FWIW-I drove back from sterling forest today through Harriman and they have a huge testing facility set up in one of the giant parking lots.

btw-new mtn bike trails at sterling forest are really nice.

Agreed, if we need 330 just in the OC we’re at Destination F$&ked. 

Just now, Animal said:

Bro..be safe.

its like sex in the 90’s

I actually was having sex in the 90’s.  Didn’t get married until ‘91.

if you’re sensing that I’m being cavalier about the virus, you should know 2 things.  First of all, i think I had it in mid March, so I’m banking on some kick ass antibodies.  Second, I’m taking all reasonable precautions, mask, washing, social distancing, the whole 9 yards.  That being said, I’m not afraid of getting the virus.  I also believe it’s of paramount importance that we the people, get over the fear of the virus Now that it is coming under control.  It won’t be eliminated completely and we have to get back to living life Even if that means some people are going to get sick and some unfortunately will die.  

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Well I hope you all enjoyed your 30 hours of spring between frost yesterday morning and 80s with dews now. It's always such an idyllic season, but time to move on at long last. 

Not a fan of the dews, I feel it today. It’s not terrible by any stretch, bouncing between 61-62...I need to move north.