Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

3 hours ago, Hitman said:

I caught two graupel showers.  First in the Bronx, then up in Yorktown where i got pelted with strong winds.  Felt great.

Bring your bike next time you're going through Y'town, the trails there are a bunch of fun. You know the footbridge over the Taconic? That connects two of the three zones and there are 3 more to the southeast from FDR Park towards downtown and then two more on the south side of town.

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Bring your bike next time you're going through Y'town, the trails there are a bunch of fun. You know the footbridge over the Taconic? That connects two of the three zones and there are 3 more to the southeast from FDR Park towards downtown and then two more on the south side of town.

It’s funny, because I live not far from there, and I know they done extensive work on that whole network, but I’ve never been.  Might be time to try.  I’m riding blue tomorrow.  Gonna be chilly.

5 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah it's great, there's easily 20 miles of trails in the 3 main sections and they're super fun. Not terribly difficult but that's ok because they make ya laugh. Hopefully the chill keeps the crowds down otherwise I expect that place to be a zoo. I'm heading to a more out of the way spot. Want a tour? 

Sure but not today.  Where you thinking?  I heard there are new trails near Kingston called jockey hill.

Jockey Hill is kickass, that network had nearly faded away and then over the last few years got totally rebuilt and expanded. Now it's a destination spot that can be connected to a few others so it's blowing up (in a good way). When I want quiet I go to Patterson, only the lower section of the county land gets used so there's another 15 miles of trail that are empty so I park up top and ride the road a little so I don't have to park near other people.

Yeah I sure didn't expect to see snow in my p&c at this point after how warm it has been. What year was it that April into May we had 5 weeks of perfect weather without a drop of rain? I want that one back. Instead I get to walk around the property in the mud picking up all the branches that came down yesterday and there's lots of them. I'm glad I didn't put the garden together last month when I wanted to. 

I've really been pining for some prolonged warm wx lately, but there's no question that I'm enjoying tracking a frozen precip event one last time. Almost offers a little sense of normalcy.

2.9" gets me my biggest snowfall since Dec 11th. That 19-week drought isn't toooo much shorter than the presumed off-season. I think that's a decent total to shoot for up here before the 900mb level torches around midnight. The potential really goes up with even just a bit more latitude and elevation. 6-8" not out of the question up near the tri-point around Millerton and Salisbury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

I just tried to order Chinese takeout and they said at least a two hour wait, LOL. Time to go trap snowshoe hares or something, I guess.

That’s if they don’t beat you to the rabbits. Plenty of snowshoes here, Chinese takeout place closed the last couple of weeks due to the virus.

44D5FBFC-7859-458E-A04D-AAA3C93FE398.jpeg