Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

2 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

So, next weekend looks interesting for us inland folk especially 

It certainly does.  I think the flip at the end, even for us, is inevitable but the damage will be done by then.  Folks who don't clean up in time are sure to have a frozen mess on their hands as legit winter temps look to return afterwards.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

It certainly does.  I think the flip at the end, even for us, is inevitable but the damage will be done by then.  Folks who don't clean up in time are sure to have a frozen mess on their hands as legit winter temps look to return afterwards.   

What should hopefully be the kickoff of a strong stretch of winter into February at least with moderation and melt in between 

1 hour ago, White Gorilla said:

So, next weekend looks interesting for us inland folk especially 

Give me end result totals like the December 2-3 storm, 12 inches here, and I'd be happy.

WTS I don't see that, at least for now. Initial thoughts are 6-8 around the HV, maybe a few 10 spots in the areas prone to jackpot, and I'll say this setup achieved its max.

10 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Give me end result totals like the December 2-3 storm, 12 inches here, and I'd be happy.

WTS I don't see that, at least for now. Initial thoughts are 6-8 around the HV, maybe a few 10 spots in the areas prone to jackpot, and I'll say this setup achieved its max.

I will take 6-8 in a Heartbeat.  Even less. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

I will take 6-8 in a Heartbeat.  Even less. 

Agreed, I see that as max potential from this setup, I'm expecting more along the lines of 3-5

Don't know if you noticed but I made a comment on your post in the other thread that you Poughkeepsie people should stay where you belong and post in the upstate forum. Obviously it was a joke referencing the stuff from yesterday where someone kept posting to "Head in the Clouds" that he shouldn't post in the NYC sub forum.

Anyway the moderators deleted it and I get it, they probably saw it as opening a can of worms again that they wanted closed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I agree.. These SWFE setups usually max out at 6-8" in our area with that occasional 10 spot. Never under estimate that mid level push of warm air. 3-6" is a good call right now. 

As many of you know, I'm a sit back and let the weather happen kind of guy, so who knows where it will take us.  That said, wasn't it pointed out by many who are talking about the potential big pattern change coming that a wintry event this weekend was to be considered a bonus as the pattern change comes after this weekend?  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hitman said:

color me skeptical, but that's my nature.

what a freaking boring weather period.

Yeah, that's optimistic for northern areas. We're looking at a ~4-hour window for decent snow growth and there's no guarantee we utilize all of it. 2-4" is a safe call.

As an aside, it feels like we've been waiting for this "event" for an eternity and it's still 48 hours out...