Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2020

George BM

29 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

DT put out a nice summary of why the winter has been bad.  He also states that our best hope in this  pattern is an overrunning event.  Also indicates normally these patterns don’t lock in for four months so there is some hope for March.  Check it out on his wxrisk facebook site.  Good read.

For the record I like DT. He has no filter and gets too emotional sometimes. That combo gets him in trouble. But for the most part I dig his passion and he is always honest about what he thinks/feels.  

Just now, mappy said:

@psuhoffman i hide your reply. not because it was bad, per say, but to save from it opening a much larger can that i think most can agree it would lead too.

That’s fine...I don’t want to get into the “politics” I just took issue with the insinuation you all were playing favorites or not being equitable. 

20 hours ago, nj2va said:

Holts is struggling big time...but hopefully he gets this out of his system.  Samsonov has been crazy good for us.  Hopefully there'll be some good fights at that Flyers game (I mean on the ice that is ha).

Looking forward to it. My wife and  I are spending the weekend in DC for a Much needed getaway . Kids are staying with their grandparents.  

The way Samsonov has played its makes the decision easier letting Holtby go after the season. Ive heard they wont have the cap space to resign him.

I've also heard rumors that they could trade him at the deadline to get something for him,  but that would be crazy heading into a hopeful stanley cup run with a rookie goalie and Copley as the backup.

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

For the record I like DT. He has no filter and gets too emotional sometimes. That combo gets him in trouble. But for the most part I dig his passion and he is always honest about what he thinks/feels.  

As do I. I remember aver two decades ago, a young respected J B recommended that his readers check out a young, potentially outstanding Met., Dave Tolleris. In time, we seem to lose our way. So many pro and non pro enthusiasts with their detailed explanations are a blessing to we, of the untrained masses, who are willing to listen. The forums may have take away, from me, the metaphysical aspects of the weather but have enabled me to keep my feet firmly planted on my Urban Heat Island concrete and asphalt. I also enjoy Typhoon Tip of the north. However if your going to venture into Tips territory it may be worth your while to have a Thesaurus handy. As always .....

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thank you for responding so quickly I could only pop off a gif. I was gearing up to come off the sidelines lol. 

yeah, just hit the report button or tag me in a post next time. especially that kind of post... no one needs to be seeing someone go down that road of insults. 

2 minutes ago, Plow'n said:

Politics are discussed on here everyday, you just don't agree with my view. Call it like it is or delete every political post. This speaks more of your character than mine. 

sounds good. you've been told tho, so drop it. 

Just now, Plow'n said:

And again

So look,  I'm not sure if you saw my initial post 2 nights ago.   There were people who started to get into the subject of network news and touching politics.  They were opposite of your ideology.  I asked them to stop and they did.  This has nothing to do with your political views.  ANYBODY who posts explicit political posts have had them deleted.  I've immediately deleted views that have been similar to mine as have other moderators.  I've seen it.  I've done it.   You can choose to believe me or not, that's ok.   We don't even allow political avatars here and it's been a rule since 2010 when this board was started.  It was a carryover rule from Eastern.

I know you believe you are persecuted for your views, but all I can tell you is that's not true here.  I would just rather not have this place go into a free for all.  This is a place of weather and science.  This is where I, and I suspect most others, come to get away from all of that.  Let's keep this place neutral and politics free.  If you'd like, there is a subforum for that as was pointed out before.

Thanks.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just now, stormtracker said:

So look,  I'm not sure if you saw my initial post 2 nights ago.   There were people who started to get into the subject of network news and touching politics.  They were opposite of your ideology.  I asked them to stop and they did.  This has nothing to do with your political views.  ANYBODY who posts explicit political posts have had them deleted.  I've immediately deleted views that have been similar to mine as have other moderators.  I've seen it.  I've done it.   You can choose to believe me or not, that's ok.   We don't even allow political avatars here and it's been a rule since 2010 when this board was started.  It was a carryover rule from Eastern.

I know you believe you are persecuted for your views, but all I can tell you is that's not true here.  I would just rather not have this place go into a free for all.  This is a place of weather and science.  This is where I, and I suspect most others, come to get away from all of that.  Let's keep this place neutral and politics free.  If you'd like, there is a subforum for that as was pointed out before.

Thanks.  

he wont be replying until next week. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Soooo...watch list or Reaper call?

I decided this winter was very likely going to suck a long time ago.  I said as much.  Got the emotional reaction over with, and moved on with my life.  I am still tracking.  I will still track to the bitter end whether we get anymore snow or not.  There can be a fluke in a bad pattern.  There could be a transient pattern that is less hostile and we sneak some snow in.  Or maybe we get a march flip like in 2018, although I doubt it, that season had a much less hostile base state than this one does.  So I am resigned to the fact we are unlikely getting much snow this year...have been since around Xmas.  I don't expect much.  But I never give up on a fluke snowfall and I am not having some emotional fit about it.  It will snow again...if not this year next year.  Put me on whatever list that attitude falls into.  

Just now, psuhoffman said:

he got what he wanted...affirmation of his persecution complex 

And because I am a kind moderator, I didn’t remove the ability to view the site. I’d hate for something exciting to happen weather wise and he can’t follow along. :) 

Just now, mappy said:

And because I am a kind moderator, I didn’t remove the ability to view the site. I’d hate for something exciting to happen weather wise and he can’t follow along. :) 

it will be 60s on Monday.  Severe weather is exciting too!!!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic