Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2020

George BM

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

random question: in what tone do you reply to someone who took over a month to reply to an email where you invited their child to celebrate your child's birthday? 

asking for a friend... 

say the birthday party was cancelled but thanks anyway

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

random question: in what tone do you reply to someone who took over a month to reply to an email where you invited their child to celebrate your child's birthday? 

asking for a friend... 

When is/was the bday?  Did he/she at least apologize or acknowledge the delay?  If so, I would tell them “no problem, maybe we can do something next year.” If not, I would say that “thanks for the reply but the child’s bday has passed.”

2 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

When is/was the bday?  Did he/she at least apologize or acknowledge the delay?  If so, I would tell them “no problem, maybe we can do something next year.” If not, I would say that “thanks for the reply but the child’s bday has passed.”

yeah the mom apologized -- holidays/busy/excuse. i wasn't actually going to reply rudely but i couldn't help but shake my head at such delayed response lol 

48 minutes ago, mappy said:

yeah the mom apologized -- holidays/busy/excuse. i wasn't actually going to reply rudely but i couldn't help but shake my head at such delayed response lol 

It is rude and would annoy me.  If I fired off a reply right away it would probably be a little nasty, but if I gave myself time to cool off a bit I would just let it go.  

1 hour ago, mappy said:

asking for a friend... 

You reply with something generic thanking them for their response. Especially if it was within the requested RSVP timeline. We parents all know time gets away from us and we forget things like RSVPs, if not more important things.

19 minutes ago, snowfan said:

You reply with something generic thanking them for their response. Especially if it was within the requested RSVP timeline. We parents all know time gets away from us and we forget things like RSVPs, if not more important things.

.... i sent the invite mid-december for a late december get together. 

its now january 24th. 

2 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Ha....in that case, just dont respond :)

lol yeah i'm not going too

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I think this situation calls for a bit of snarkiness.

i want to so badly, but its the mom to my kid's "best friend" from class. gotta keep it civil, enough.... but come on, a month half later your reply to a party that happened a month ago? why even bother replying at that point? i should just pull a @leesburg 04 and tell the mom that the get together was cancelled because none of her friends parents felt the need to reply timely. :devilsmiley:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Send a ty for replying and provide your physical addy to where they can send a belated gift.

ha, nah. i said in the invite gifts weren't necessary. wasn't a big thing, couple friends who spent the afternoon with my kid for her birthday. we took some of her (other friends who moms actually replied) bowling! 

37 minutes ago, mappy said:

i want to so badly, but its the mom to my kid's "best friend" from class. gotta keep it civil, enough.... but come on, a month half later your reply to a party that happened a month ago? why even bother replying at that point? i should just pull a @leesburg 04 and tell the mom that the get together was cancelled because none of her friends parents felt the need to reply timely. :devilsmiley:

You could ask her to contribute to your kids therapy sessions since she ruined your kids birthday....my mother taught me that guilt is what makes the world go round

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Show your kid how adults handle bday party ghosting by slashing this mom's tires.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic