Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2020

George BM

19 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Ok y'all. How bad is the Wunderground app now? :angry:

Anyone have an alternate app after they butchered it to serve 20 ads and not let you choose weather stations or see your location easily?

yeah, its crap. i use Carrot Weather app. kind of snarky, which i like. if you pay for it, i think its $5 a year, you can connect to personal weather stations through wunderground within the app.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ji said:

@psuhoffman is the best poster...not in the Mid Atlantic Sub Forum but the entire Board. His combination of ridiculous meteorology knowledge and his ability to teach it where its understandable(hello isotherm/HM)  and then his sense of humor to boot. And i dont say this lightly because Bob Chill is easily in the top 5 on the board. We are pretty lucky to have what we have here....the philly board has Ralph Wiggum lol:) 

Thank you!  

3 hours ago, frd said:

You must be a great teacher !

Well done, and thank you psu !  Love the numbered system :)  And yes, it certainly does help explain things. 

Thanks!   I love to teach!  I am just as passionate about politics and history as I am weather. I just wish my students were as easy to “hook” as this audience lol. There are good and bad days...but the good make it worth it.

One reason I like putting in the effort to make a post like that is I get to do what I love with another topic I love.  Maybe someday I’ll go back and finish my meteorology degree and get paid to do this also  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Thank you!  

Thanks!   I love to teach!  I am just as passionate about politics and history as I am weather. I just wish my students were as easy to “hook” as this audience lol. There are good and bad days...but the good make it worth it.

One reason I like putting in the effort to make a post like that is I get to do what I love with another topic I love.  Maybe someday I’ll go back and finish my meteorology degree and get paid to do this also  

Your great at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand. Ive learned alot by reading your posts over the years. I lurked on here for several years but didnt post till a few years ago. 

Learned alot from you, @Bob Chill and @showmethesnow. And you all have a great sense of humor to go along with the knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JB just had the greatest JB moment of all. Someone told me but I didn’t believe it. But yup he did it. He posted a video yelling at people for misrepresenting his forecast, while he misrepresented his forecast. He didn’t put up his actual forecast from November, he posted an edited map that he just published TODAY and talked about it as if it was his winter forecast. Then he drew on the map where he had above normal snow, implying he didn’t say there would be above normal in the 95 cities...when his actual winter forecast predicted 125% normal snow DC to Boston. 

He was literally lying about his forecast while yelling at people for lying about his forecast. He jumped the shark! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

JB just had the greatest JB moment of all. Someone told me but I didn’t believe it. But yup he did it. He posted a video yelling at people for misrepresenting his forecast, while he misrepresented his forecast. He didn’t put up his actual forecast from November, he posted an edited map that he just published TODAY and talked about it as if it was his winter forecast. Then he drew on the map where he had above normal snow, implying he didn’t say there would be above normal in the 95 cities...when his actual winter forecast predicted 125% normal snow DC to Boston. 

He was literally lying about his forecast while yelling at people for lying about his forecast. He jumped the shark! 

This seems a really ineffective way to run a racket even if you were completely unprincipled.

1. The winter isn't over yet so his 125% could still come true.  There are even enough positive or at least neutral signs so that could reasonably say "just wait, winter is on its way".  Why try to rewrite history before it is even necessary?

2. And speaking of rewriting history, why even try?  He has to know this is the internet age.  When you post something online it will never completely disappear.  He also has to know that he has an hater club who saved the graphics from his forecast just so they could call him on it later.  Isn't it so much easier to spin it at the end by saying there was some unforeseeable factor that threw a wrench in the forecast instead of being blatantly caught in a lie?

39 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Doesn't Ralph W. live near Philly .....Blizzard Barbecue/party  at his pad then:lol:

Day 10 6z Gfs

PhotoPictureResizer_200116_055630433_crop_1440x2134.jpg

The 31.6 is right over my house just N of PHL. If we get within a day or 2 and something remotely similar is progged, you are welcome over. You just have to appease my son and daughter with snow tubing, building snowmen, etc while I'm mc'ing the grill. And @C.A.P.E. needs to bring the beer. Prefer an imperial stout or a porter but any will suffice.

• Like 1

Holiday weekend weather is going to suck- cold, winds, cold winds, cold rain... Last weekend was so nice- I think I should move to the west coast and just fly back here for the HECS every few years.

(Some smartass is gonna reply “well that sounds good, if it gets you out of this subforum permanently”) :lol:

Just now, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Holiday weekend weather is going to suck- cold, winds, cold winds, cold rain... Last weekend was so nice- I think I should move to the west coast and just fly back here for the HECS every few years.

(Some smartass is gonna reply “well that sounds good, if it gets you out of this subforum permanently”:lol:

Since we'll never see a HECS again, that's a true statement!

• Haha 3

Winters like this one...well like most of them...are the reason I generally like to enjoy the event when and if they happen vs the hunt. Of course when I first joined the boards it was fun looking at clown maps and hoping the fantasy long range stuff would come true but more often than not they didn't. You just learn over the years...at least for me it was a learning to just enjoy the snow falling any snow. February can be fun around here and obviously March is a Winter month now it seems so plenty of time for some fun events but as far as an extended winter stretch...sure doesn't feel like we have one of those coming but that's just my opinion and in no way am I saying that those that love to shouldn't track the long range. Seems like there has been lots of education going on lately which is awesome.

34 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Winters like this one...well like most of them...are the reason I generally like to enjoy the event when and if they happen vs the hunt. Of course when I first joined the boards it was fun looking at clown maps and hoping the fantasy long range stuff would come true but more often than not they didn't. You just learn over the years...at least for me it was a learning to just enjoy the snow falling any snow. February can be fun around here and obviously March is a Winter month now it seems so plenty of time for some fun events but as far as an extended winter stretch...sure doesn't feel like we have one of those coming but that's just my opinion and in no way am I saying that those that love to shouldn't track the long range. Seems like there has been lots of education going on lately which is awesome.

Lots of education for sure......since there has been nothing else really of significance to talk about. I’m with you though. Take ANY snow and enjoy the living F out of it. That 2” we had last week...best Jebwalk ever! LOL.

Praying we can get the goods in February and March. Cheers to snow hopes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Sometimes when I read these soliloquies from you, I'm waiting for you to post something in poem version. :hurrbear:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Sometimes when I read these soliloquies from you, I'm waiting for you to post something in poem version. :hurrbear:

I was born without a creative bone in my body so most of my posts are shoddy. I wish I was a better poster but since the winter is in the toaster.....life

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I thought the Panic Room was the place for that.  At least crummy weather poetry.

This was a fun thread that evolved from some goofy thread Tenmen started. Was back when we still had cold, active winters-  I think it was 2013-14, but could have been the following winter.

I bumped it a couple years ago but not much interest. Despair had taken root and become the source of poetic creativity.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic