Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2020

George BM

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

seriously! I know the cartoon character but I've never actually watched the show. I would've struggled to get to spinach. Might've said beats instead. 

All the Popeye's chicken sandwiches are probably harming my brain cells. 

Zero chance my kids (13/9) would know Popeye’s favorite food.   They would totallly guess chicken.  

• Haha 1

Just now, jaydreb said:

Zero chance my kids (13/9) would know Popeye’s favorite food.   They would totallly guess chicken.  

if you're 13 and 9 year old kids are on a canadian game show intended for adults, i could see how this would be an issue. otherwise, they aren't the targeted audience. 

26 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Ruin? The Euro may not be what everyone wanted it to be, but it doesn't ruin anything. Still keeps things very cold. The precip amounts are more of the issue due to the main slug being north. Definitely not a reason to get all down and out though. 

You must be new here

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, mappy said:

if you're 13 and 9 year old kids are on a canadian game show intended for adults, i could see how this would be an issue. otherwise, they aren't the targeted audience. 

For sure.  I was trying to make N. Arlington feel better.   Don’t know how old he is.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I’m a little more optimistic maybe but not over any one threat. I agree this isn’t the look where we have one storm with a high probability. But we seem to be facing the potential for a prolonged pattern that includes a favorable east based epo ridge/block, an arctic dump into the EASTERN US, and an active southern stream. If that has any legs at all we will have multiple opportunities and the odds of abject failure would take Cleveland Browns level ineptitude

Now wait just a minute there, sir!! :P  Change that to Cincinnati Bengals and it might be more accurate!  Though yes, the Browns most definitely have a history lately of total ineptitude, even with the talent they had this year (that's what you get with poor coaching and poor discipline!).

4 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Now wait just a minute there, sir!! :P  Change that to Cincinnati Bengals and it might be more accurate!  Though yes, the Browns most definitely have a history lately of total ineptitude, even with the talent they had this year (that's what you get with poor coaching and poor discipline!).

If in a month we are having a debate whether the pattern was more like the Bengals or the Browns...do you really think it matters?

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

If in a month we are having a debate whether the pattern was more like the Bengals or the Browns...do you really think it matters?

Haha, no, of course not!  I was only chiding you there (since I'm from northeast Ohio) because I had to, of course!  And God forbid we fail like either the Bungles or the Clowns in terms of the pattern!

16 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Um, no, it is correctly stated. The Brown levels of ineptitude is an order of magnitude way worse that Cincinnati. At least we had playoff appearances this decade and what not.

Now this is some irony -- https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020/01/all-star-notes-vasilevskiy-letang-pwhpa.html

In the absence of Alex Ovechkin, who informed the league that he will not be attending the All-Star festivities, Kris Letang has been named captain of the Metropolitan team. Letang was not even originally named to the team, but added when the Jake Guentzel, Pittsburgh’s original selection, suffered a season-ending injury.

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Um, no, it is correctly stated. The Brown levels of ineptitude is an order of magnitude way worse that Cincinnati. At least we had playoff appearances this decade and what not.

Ha!  Well, maybe so, I was only having fun though.  And yes, Cincy has been much better over the past decade (apart from maybe this year?) with playoff appearances.  And I do remember the 2 SBs they played vs. 49ers back in the day.  I grew up in the Cleveland area, long suffering on all sports fronts (until the Cavs won in 2016!).  Where about in Cincinnati are you from?  My sister at one point lived there (and she also went to Miami Univ. of Ohio years ago).  So I've been there a few times, though not sure how much I remember about different neighborhoods there at this point.  And I was in Columbus for about a year (interesting dichotomy there...between Indians/Reds and Browns/Bengals fans).  Always cool to meet another Ohioan! :)

(ETA:  I remember "Red Right 88", "The Drive", "The Fumble", "The Shot", and 2 World Series lost in Game 7, both in extra innings!!)

• Like 1

Was there from 1975-1982. Then east side of Columbus from 1982 - 1989. I was in high school during the Browns near misses in 86 and 87 - more browns fans than bengals fans where I went to HS in central Ohio - two all-time gut punch losses for sure for browns fans.

West side of Cincinnati before central Ohio primarily altho we moved around town a lot those years.

11 minutes ago, WeatherPSU said:

The Stages of model hugging...

1) Excitement that a major storm is coming and the celebration begins with thoughts of shoveling and hot cocoa 

2) One model run flips to a wet and not white scenario - depression sets in.

3) Night model run comes in with a sweet hit and we all go to bed like Santa is arriving in the morning.

4) Wake-up in the morning and the storm vanishes

5) Afternoon model runs show a Southern tracker - everyone is pissed off.

6) The storm vanishes all together and on to the next storm.  

Is there a stage where your posts get better?  Asking for a friend. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Night and day from that disaster vs the Devils.  Samsonov is a beast...the team responds when he’s in net too.  

Only caught parts. Been watching football. Saw enough to say they definitely looked better. Samsonov going to be awesome for us for years to come. Holts gone after this season. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic