Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2020

George BM

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I bet the EPS are actually fine and the OP an outlier.

EPS acts like a hive most of the time at shorter ranges. I'm expecting the ens to support the op. If 0z comes back colder/snowier the EPS will flip as well. OTOH- if the EPS is more consistent with what the GFS is showing I'll toss the op no problem. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

EPS acts like a hive most of the time at shorter ranges. I'm expecting the ens to support the op. If 0z comes back colder/snowier the EPS will flip as well. OTOH- if the EPS is more consistent with what the GFS is showing I'll toss the op no problem. 

It really is just a hunch. Enough of a divergence in the Euro op from the GFS that I am guessing the OP is either on its own or there is a significant cluster that are more like the GFS.  I, obviously, could be totally off base. Guessing ensembles isn't part of my wizardry skillset...

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

The euro just did this to the weekend 

image.gif.0a7c929a88fdeb4ff1298d46ff8fd201.gif

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

What is chicken

I'm not sure if you both watched the clip, but only 54 people in the 100 peep survey said spinach.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that at least 40 other morons said chicken, making it a close #2 answer!

• Haha 1

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

We do this all the time..preemptively opening a storm thread and it ruins everything.

Ruin? The Euro may not be what everyone wanted it to be, but it doesn't ruin anything. Still keeps things very cold. The precip amounts are more of the issue due to the main slug being north. Definitely not a reason to get all down and out though. 

5 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Ruin? The Euro may not be what everyone wanted it to be, but it doesn't ruin anything. Still keeps things very cold. The precip amounts are more of the issue due to the main slug being north. Definitely not a reason to get all down and out though. 

you really need to get a lay of the land around here before replying to most. EJ is just going to lol at your reply. He is our resident pessimist, nothing is good enough for him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm not sure if you both watched the clip, but only 54 people in the 100 peep survey said spinach.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that at least 40 other morons said chicken, making it a close #2 answer!

if it was, wouldn't it have showed up on the board? either way, its hilarious. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

wait, seriously? you hear Popeye and you think chicken? 

Haha honestly, I heard "Popeyes" when he asked the question, and I immediately thought of chicken because of the food chain. I don't think it's that ridiculous of an answer, especially when you're in a situation where you have to respond so quick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve25 said:

Haha honestly, I heard "Popeyes" when he asked the question, and I immediately thought of chicken because of the food chain. I don't think it's that ridiculous of an answer, especially when you're in a situation where you have to respond so quick. 

But she didn’t let him ask the whole question. That’s part of the lol of it all

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

seriously! I know the cartoon character but I've never actually watched the show. I would've struggled to get to spinach. Might've said beats instead. 

All the Popeye's chicken sandwiches are probably harming my brain cells. 

beats lol 

you mean beets ;) 

1 minute ago, Steve25 said:

I must be pretty old then. Never would I have thought "chicken" when hearing "popeye" (there was no S). 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic