Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2020

George BM

3 hours ago, Scraff said:

Man I love that spot!  Been to many cool vineyards out there over the years, but  only discovered Stone Tower this past summer. Beautiful day for that wood fired pizza and Rosé!

We’ve been members there for about 4 or 5 years now...our favorite winery in the area for sure.  Their sparkling Rose and reds are good & love their wood fired pizza!  And I love the views there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I took a shower after the second KC TD thinking I’d be back before anything else happened and KC was kicking off...for the third time lol.

What a game.

Is it difficult to keep all those bones clean?  Seems like a lot of surface area.

• Haha 1

Just now, MDstorm said:

I hope that The Ravens are watching the KC/Houston game and see what a truly good team is supposed to do when down early.

I am sure they fully understand that. They had too much time off. In retrospect, resting so many key players against the Steelers was a bad idea. I had a really bad feeling since then. Add to that the Ingram injury, and Andrews being severely limited, and it spelled trouble playing a Titans team on a big time roll. Ravens weakness all season has been downfield throws to WRs on the outside. Credit Pees for minimizing the opportunities to the TEs over the middle. Work to be done. Good news is, the core offensive players will return, and it looks like Wink and Roman will both be back. This is a young team that by all measures overachieved this season. No one expected  the level of consistency/domination they exhibited during the regular season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Titans fans and other fans are just absolutely brutal on Twitter. Not for the faint hearted.

To be expected. Cyber trash talking is easy. Titans fans will be severely disappointed in the end- never sniffed a SB victory, and they wont this time either. Well they did once, but they failed. One damn yard. I feel so sad for them.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am sure they fully understand that. They had too much time off. In retrospect, resting so many key players against the Steelers was a bad idea. I had a really bad feeling since then. Add to that the Ingram injury, and Andrews being severely limited, and it spelled trouble playing a Titans team on a big time roll. Ravens weakness all season has been downfield throws to WRs on the outside. Credit Pees for minimizing the opportunities to the TEs over the middle. Work to be done. Good news is, the core offensive players will return, and it looks like Wink and Roman will both be back. This is a young team that by all measures overachieved this season. No one expected  the level of consistency/domination they exhibited during the regular season.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that there should be further good seasons ahead.  However, extra time off/injuries/overachievement during the regular season doesn’t really excuse the uninspired turd that The Ravens dropped last night.  Andy Reid has his team under control.... Harbaugh, not so much. 

1 minute ago, MDstorm said:

I understand what you are saying and I agree that there should be further good seasons ahead.  However, extra time off/injuries/overachievement during the regular season doesn’t really excuse the uninspired turd that The Ravens dropped last night.  Andy Reid has his team under control.... Harbaugh, not so much. 

Chiefs are fully equipped to come back from a big early deficit. In their 12 game winning streak, the Ravens have very rarely(if ever) been down by more than one TD. Lamar needs to work on his deep outside throws, and the Ravens need another legit deep threat. Cant always do it over the middle with the TEs. Kind of amazing it took this long to expose that one dimensional aspect of the passing game. That being said, Roman abandoned the running game way too early. Not sure it would have made much difference with Ingram severely limited though. OL played poorly, and Gus needs an opening to get rolling.

31 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Chiefs are fully equipped to come back from a big early deficit. In their 12 game winning streak, the Ravens have very rarely(if ever) been down by more than one TD. Lamar needs to work on his deep outside throws, and the Ravens need another legit deep threat. Cant always do it over the middle with the TEs. Kind of amazing it took this long to expose that one dimensional aspect of the passing game. That being said, Roman abandoned the running game way too early. Not sure it would have made much difference with Ingram severely limited though. OL played poorly, and Gus needs an opening to get rolling.

Lamar made some decent outside throws last night, but he had some rough ones mixed in. I'm still mad at Roberts dropping what would've been an easy TD with his speed. Bottom line is the whole offense didn't show up, coaching was terrible for the first time in a while, and it all culminated into a bad loss at literally the worst time. I have confidence we can work on some issues and play well next year. We absolutely need an edge pass rusher, one or two more WR's with outside threats that can catch, and more OL at G. More DB's doesn't hurt either. But pass rush and WR are a MUST. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Better choice for subscription service weatherbell, weathermodels, or is there one I am overlooking? Looking for access to detailed ens members primarily. @Bob Chill, @psuhoffman

I’m not either but I’m about to drop WeatherModels.  The site is completely a hodgepodge of links and it’s still confusing to me to find what I’m looking for after two years.  Haven’t been on weatherbell but it seems most on here have it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Better choice for subscription service weatherbell, weathermodels, or is there one I am overlooking? Looking for access to detailed ens members primarily. @Bob Chill, @psuhoffman

I'm biased. Wxbell is all I use nowadays. All paid services have their pros and cons. Wxbell kills it with variety and great/clean graphics. Has all the euro/eps data you can handle. I've used accuwx (sucks), stormvista (good but antequated), and wxmodels (old style wxbell)

Navigation on all paid sites have a learning curve and will frustrate you at first. Wxbell just re-did their interface and I was lost for a minute after having the entire site memorized. All good now. It's month to month billing. Just chip in 25 bucks and have some fun for a month. It's a time suck.  

• Thanks 1

Not nearly knowledgeable enough to make a paid site worthwhile, so I hand around Tropical Tidbits.  On thing I find odd: TT has EPS ensemble mean available for free out to 240 hours, but I know that the EPS goes out to 360 hours.  Is hours 240 - 360 behind a "paywall or something"?

8 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Man, there's a few good storms in there. One of my all time favorite, extremely underrated storms was 2/9/2006. Got absolutely buried by a crazy deformation axis that extended from NoVa to just north of NYC. The reason people actually remember that storm was due to thunder snow in the band, and the fact it warmed up so fast after the storm exited. I remember it was in the 40's before Noon just north of Baltimore. Crazy, but some of the greatest rates I've ever seen. 

3 hours ago, jayyy said:

I lived 30 miles NW of NYC Along the Hudson River in ’06. 2/9/06 was an UNREAL storm. 20+‘degree temp drop and almost a foot of snow in mere hours. Insane. 

Yeah. That 2/11-12/2006 storm was a mashed potato boogie woogie.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic