Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2020

George BM

9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Spending the afternoon at Stone Tower Winery just west of Leesburg. What a gorgeous day!

ca79f60b52a4fbef21231c01a2f2bb7b.jpg

Man I love that spot!  Been to many cool vineyards out there over the years, but  only discovered Stone Tower this past summer. Beautiful day for that wood fired pizza and Rosé!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Cap Grille dry aged porterhouses are next level. Been about 8 years since my last one cuz kids and college and stuff but I'll make it back before I'm dead. 

Happy Bday and take advantage of AARP discounts!

There's just something so satisfying about a good dry aged steak. I'll have to give the Capital Grille a try for my wife and I's Bday this year (Both turn 30 in the summer). Nice little getaway to Dallas where they have a spot uptown. Dry aged Bone-In Ribeye sounds heavenly

5 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Next Weekends storm looks like a perfect chasing into upstate NY. I am already booking for hotel.

I can't wait to escape this hell hole mid atlantic climo.

Try out Pulaski, NY off the east side of Ontario. Should be mostly snow there, both from synoptic and lake effect on the backside of the low. You also have I-90 to your disposal to move north or south. Slide down to Oswego and hit up the Oswego Sub Shop for a great corned beef or pastrami sandwich. 

1 minute ago, Mersky said:

Houston won their division. They were not a wild card team 

True...shows how much I've paid attention!  But still, it would be a highly unlikely AFC championship.  I'm sure most were thinking Ravens, Pats, Chiefs in some combination would be in the final round.

(ETA:  And hey, give me a break, being from Cleveland...home of the BrClowns!  The only team with so much talent and potential this season that they finished 6-10 and nowhere near a playoff spot thanks to crappy coaching and lack of discipline.  And the most "exciting" thing was an awful helmet-hit penalty.  Gah!!)

3 minutes ago, Mersky said:

It would be a all AFC south championship game. I guarantee only Texan and Titan fans thought that was possible 

Of course, lest we forget another Houston team from long ago (1993) that had a 35-3 lead vs. Buffalo early in the 2nd half...and ended up losing in just about the most incredible come-back in NFL playoff history.

Hahaha, just unreal!  Suddenly the Texans cannot do anything after essentially being spotted a 24 pt lead!  I expected KC would get themselves somewhat back in it by the half, but not quite like that!  This might be one of the quickest turn-arounds in the playoffs (see my 1993 comment above, from the old Houston Oilers!).

ETA:  Four TDs in under 10 minutes now?!  Chiefs going from being badly embarrassed to a 4 point lead...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic