Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2020

George BM

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The ridiculous Spring-like warmth this morning got me thinking- in less than 2 months actual Spring will be on the doorstep.

Yep, I booked a week with our RV at Myrtle first full week of April. Hope it's 80 that week. I'm quickly learning the most stressful part of owning an RV is planning ahead and booking sites. Maintenance and towing is simple compared to reserving.  Some have to be booked a year in advance. Others you have to compete as sites are released on a rolling basis. 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Get stuck ....NEVER ..I'll tow it with my F350 Super Duty 7.3 Diesel :sled: . But if we did somehow get stuck...I'd be good for a week but after that Bills would start piling up in my mailbox .

Nice truck man! My next is a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel. Might go Ram/cummins. Love powerstrokes but g damn they are pricey. 

9 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My wife made this cake (the "hurricake"!) for my mother's birthday- my mom's wanted a category 5 up the bay her entire life, well now it's happening! 

(My mom is the biggest tropical weenie you will EVER see, by the way)

IMG_3822.JPG

That’s so cool!  

Btw that’s one of those things people think they want until their roof is flying off and all their possessions are getting destroyed...

I am included in that group so this is as much a shot at myself just sayin...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My wife made this cake (the "hurricake"!) for my mother's birthday- my mom's wanted a category 5 up the bay her entire life, well now it's happening! 

IMG_3822.JPG

A category 5 hurricane up the Potomac and dead over my house?! Paging @Bob Chill.

Oh yeah!! Uh huh!! Oh yeah!! Uh huh!! Oh yeah!!

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, psuhoffman said:

300 feet can definitely make some difference. You are in a bad spot. Im familiar. I grew up SE of Philly in NJ in an equally awful spot. Not any worse than a lot of places SE of 95 near water, but definitely not a good spot compared to places west of the fall line.  

I understand the job issue. Barring changing jobs and simply moving where there is a lot more snow like New Hampshire, if you went NW from APG (I assume you work there) you would do better. I don’t know how far you’re willing to go. I commute about 38 miles and an hour each way. If you went that far NW you could get to some places in southern PA with an elevation near 1000 feet that do good (like 35” avg 30”median). The hills near New Park in PA. But that area is pretty rural. Even if you just got into NW Hartford County NW of Bel Air you would still do better. The other option are the hills in SE   PA northwest of Wilmington. They do ok.  But those places still won’t suddenly be deep winter all the time. If you want snow on the ground a lot of winter you need to move further away then even where I live. Like the mountains in New England or western MD. That’s just not our climo here. But if you would be happy simply getting a couple decent snowstorms per year MOST years moving 45 mins NW would do that for you. 

Thanks again for your help and in the location information!

Maybe I need to split the difference and find an area that gets more snow but is still a reasonable commute into work. It won't be ideal snowise, but it will be better than what I have here. I honestly think I might average less snowfall than DC and its strange that I have the same climo as Atlantic City. So its just not a good area. Too far east to do well in marginal events, too far west for a lot of coastal stuff.

This garbage pretty much sums it up. Look at my location. That is what coastal storms often do for me, and as we saw last week, that is what I get from marginal events. Nothing. I win neither way.

SnowTotals-30Dec00.jpg

48 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

IMG_3822.JPG

I love this! My bestie made me a tornado cake for my 30th (years ago) 

775FDC7A-F631-489A-852B-6776B4475A50.jpeg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That’s so cool!  

Btw that’s one of those things people think they want until their roof is flying off and all their possessions are getting destroyed...

I am included in that group so this is as much a shot at myself just sayin...

That's one way to get me to stop posting. Talk about crippling damage.

41 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I continue to believe in the every 3-4 year trend for 12-14" BWI snowstorms, so...lol If it pops up in a week or two (or in February) and becomes a legit threat, PLEASE let me start the thread! :D

Start it now. Call it “The next big snowstorm disco”

• Thanks 1

I have am beginning to suspect that the Pacific Doom Blob achieved sentience some time last week and has determined that the most effective way to feed off of our tears it to temporarily lay low and let the models depict a false pattern shift only to pop up at the last minute to crush our dreams.  It's called torture by hope.

19 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I have am beginning to suspect that the Pacific Doom Blob achieved sentience some time last week and has determined that the most effective way to feed off of our tears it to temporarily lay low and let the models depict a false pattern shift only to pop up at the last minute to crush our dreams.  It's called torture by hope.

Look at the irony though. The doom blob was caused by the massive aleutian ridge in the npac. That same ridge gets sucked into the high latitudes and becomes a -NAO. So we can actually thank the hideous Pac for potentially saving winter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PCT_ATC said:

If I posted something similar Id be read the riot act about posting banter in a non banter room.. life is good when you are an Admin!! 

It’s good to be King. 

And a little bit of fun is different from the crap that initiated posting guidelines. 

Did you really want that 20 page discussion I had with mdecoy in the main thread because that’s where it was in past years. We had the same talk this year only it didn’t clog up the pattern discussion. Progress. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic