Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2020

George BM

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Wow, so many....Subdivisions,  2112, Cygnus x1, Fly By Night, By-Tor and the Snowdog, Natural Science, Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato, Freewill, YYZ, Force Ten, Time Stand Still, Red Barchetta, Manhattan Project, and their newer stuff like Bravest Face, Far Cry, Secret Touch, Earthshine....I could go on and on and on. These guys played a big part and filled a huge void in my life for a long long time and their music is something I can always go back to and count on without fail. Their music/lyrics transport me to a different place of comfort. Fly By Night LP with headphones in a dark room transcends me still to this day.

Yeah there are many great ones. I love early progressive rock bands- Rush and Yes are 2 of my favorites. Also a big Tool fan, which is harder, but still prog.

• Like 1

Wow, 2020 has been ruthless for celebrity deaths so far. To be honest I'm always hesitant to talk about my taste in music here because it always makes me sound like one of those "I was born in the wrong generation" types, but music can certainly be timeless, and Rush was no exception. I've delved somewhat into their collection (helps that my dad was big into a fair bit of music around that era and got me into it early), but The Spirit Of Radio has always been one of my top favorites. Of course I can't appreciate it as much as those born in the time when the music came out, but it's nice to have a form of media so timeless that my friends still talk about it and listen to it, and likely my children and grandchildren will still be listening to the same incredible music. RIP Neal Peart. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon was also great, and the debut album by Boston was one of the best ever- the whole damn album. Tom Scholz was a genius. Second album was pretty good, and the third was decent.

I'd argue that Meddle beats Dark Side (even excluding The Wall) for greatest Pink Floyd album just for Echoes alone but.. yeah I'm not gonna do that. The Wall > Animals > Dark Side > Meddle 

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

If you lived farther north you would be saying, 'In less then 3 months actual spring will be on the doorstep'. Move north young man, move north. :D

Even here March has probably been the best winter month in recent years.

I was just trying to depress a few people and maybe send some window shoppers to the Panic resort and conference center. I am on the payroll, although I haven't received any checks yet. In the mail I'm sure.

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic