Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2020

George BM

20 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

To Bob's credit he talks about patterns conducive to snow not so much cold.

Pretty much all I do. We have a lot of recent experience with a strong unblocked -epo pattern so it's not hard to envision what it implies if current progs are correct. Cold is prob inbound but locked in cold is unlikely without some semblance of blocking in the Atl. No sign of that so hurry up and wait for a week and maybe a discrete threat appears. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Latest indications don't look good for Ingram playing this week. Gus the bus will need to carry the load.

That's a little concerning. I feel confident with Ingram protecting the ball. Now Hill is the 2nd back and young players with little experience always seem to be good for turnover. 

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Ingram is a beast but the ravens have like 15 running backs who were good this year

Gus will do fine if he gets the majority of the carries. He has proven himself, is a great downhill runner and has a burst in the second level. Ingram beings a certain mentality and has great initial explosiveness. He runs angry.

4 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

That's a little concerning. I feel confident with Ingram protecting the ball. Now Hill is the 2nd back and young players with little experience always seem to be good for turnover. 

I was thinking about that too...Gus fumbled last year, didn't he? Now that's not to say he wouldn't be more prepared this year, though--at least he does have one playoff game under his belt!

3 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Agree. Especially with rain likely during the game. Hopefully Ingram is healthy enough to at least get some limited carries.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Gus will do fine if he gets the majority of the carries. He has proven himself, is a great downhill runner and has a burst in the second level. Ingram beings a certain mentality and has great initial explosiveness. He runs angry.

My girlfriend is a ravens fan and I'm a Vikings fan. Our Saturday is cronked from 4pm on. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Agree. Especially with rain likely during the game. Hopefully Ingram is healthy enough to at least get some limited carries.

Rain is actually not a given during the game. There's been a trend of a big lull in the precip field for Saturday afternoon and most of the evening prior to the front. Could be spitting drizzle during the game, but actual light rain is looking less and less prominent. Would bode well for us. Fingers crossed it stays the course. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

Rain is actually not a given during the game. There's been a trend of a big lull in the precip field for Saturday afternoon and most of the evening prior to the front. Could be spitting drizzle during the game, but actual light rain is looking less and less prominent. Would bode well for us. Fingers crossed it stays the course. 

Yeah the last 24-48 hours of runs have been trying to keep things drier...I think I've tracked this storm more than any other rainstorm before, lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Here's a question that always comes up when I read the long range cold disco - I am never quite sure what each person is chasing. I mean, we simply need "cold enough" air masses to support big storms, we don't need bay freezing cold at all (in fact, I don't want that as it almost always murders snow chances due to suppression). Hard to tell when reading the discos if people complaining about mixed signals for cold are talking about DEEP cold or just cold enough. Get some cold air nearby and an active southern stream and let's see what happens...

This--tbh, we went through enough of that during the 2017-18 season! Suppression is a la nina special...lol Only time in recent memory that we had bone chilling cold AND good snow in a season was the 2013-14 winter...(and perhaps the 2014-15 winter too?) And I think the Jan 2016 Blizzard was the coldest big storm we've had in a long time! But as you said...we tend to have more big storms along the "just cold enough" temperature regimes!

13 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

No, that’s San Fran. Maybe Rhodes can’t light up during pregame and actually be able to cover somebody.

I actually thought he played well last week. He got lost on the one bomb but that dude would have juked most. I was encouraged 

57 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I was thinking about that too...Gus fumbled last year, didn't he? Now that's not to say he wouldn't be more prepared this year, though--at least he does have one playoff game under his belt!

57 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Plus just the fact that Ingram was the feature back all year and played outstanding.  I felt all year that besides Jackson it was Ingram that was very steady and consistent and found the end zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah the last 24-48 hours of runs have been trying to keep things drier...I think I've tracked this storm more than any other rainstorm before, lol

Rain looking less and less likely until after the game ends Saturday. Any thoughts on wind? I don't think it will be that strong but am a little worried. Lamar definitely plays better in good weather. Unlike Flacco who was as impervious to cold and wind as he was to every other external stimulus.

Here's a crazy fact I've uncovered: this will be the third time the Ravens have hosted a playoff game with kickoff temps in the 60s. 1/3/04 and 1/13/07 - both kickoff temp of 63, both Saturday games, both losses. What are the odds that of the 7 home playoff games the Ravens have ever had, 3 of them have been January days with mid-60s temps?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, baltimoreguy said:

Rain looking less and less likely until after the game ends Saturday. Any thoughts on wind? I don't think it will be that strong but am a little worried. Lamar definitely plays better in good weather. Unlike Flacco who was as impervious to cold and wind as he was to every other external stimulus.

Here's a crazy fact I've uncovered: this will be the third time the Ravens have hosted a playoff game with kickoff temps in the 60s. 1/3/04 and 1/13/07 - both kickoff temp of 63, both Saturday games, both losses. What are the odds that of the 7 home playoff games the Ravens have ever had, 3 of them have been January days with mid-60s temps?

That's pretty crazy. Were they night games? I think the fact that this is a pure night game, and is still going to be in the 60s makes it even more crazy! I personally think these conditions are shaping up nicely for Lamar. 60s and I don't think the winds will be all that bad. Maybe just slightly strong breezes. 

4 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

That's pretty crazy. Were they night games? I think the fact that this is a pure night game, and is still going to be in the 60s makes it even more crazy! I personally think these conditions are shaping up nicely for Lamar. 60s and I don't think the winds will be all that bad. Maybe just slightly strong breezes. 

They were both 4:30 kickoffs. I was at the 04 game - 100-year-old Gary Anderson made a 46-yard FG with 30 second left to lift the Titans to a 20-17 win. I swear it ticked off the crossbar as it went in. If it had been a degree colder, he never would have been able to kick it that far. It got a little chillier as the game went on but never got below mid-50s.

News Flash: Mark Ingram back at practice today

• Like 1

Just now, baltimoreguy said:

They were both 4:30 kickoffs. I was at the 04 game - 100-year-old Gary Anderson made a 46-yard FG with 30 second left to lift the Titans to a 20-17 win. I swear it ticked off the crossbar as it went in. If it had been a degree colder, he never would have been able to kick it that far. It got a little chillier as the game went on but never got below mid-50s.

News Flash: Mark Ingram back at practice today

Good news on Ingram. I honestly like our chances with or without him. I just want him to be back at full strength before he plays. Obviously the team is better with him out there though!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic