• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2020

George BM

“Not our year” doesn’t even begin to do justice. 

As a Giants fan I instinctually dislike the Eagles but as a fan of the game I have a lot of respect for them, especially with their resistance this season. The fact that they are even in contention speaks to the all-around effort from their team (and their practice squad).

Wentz is a super underrated QB as well. Got a soft spot for him.

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

As a Giants fan I instinctually dislike the Eagles but as a fan of the game I have a lot of respect for them, especially with their resistance this season. The fact that they are even in contention speaks to the all-around effort from their team (and their practice squad).

Wentz is a super underrated QB as well. Got a soft spot for him.

I am proud of them. I think Doug is a great coach. But there is a limit to what is possible to overcome. Currently playing with only 4 actual starters on offense and 6 on defense. 

• Like 1

Proud of my team.  Sad a season is over but have no right to expect better results with what they had to overcome.  Found this quote from the game summary just lol.

“By the end of the game, un-retired McCown’s weapons included Greg Ward, Josh Perkins, Robert Davis, Richard Rogers, Shelton Gibson, and Deontay Burnett. All had been unemployed at some point this season.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

21z Srefs juiced up a bit for Tuesday ...they were pretty dry esp up here . Hopefully a precursor to the 0z Nams :weenie:

Dude post that shit. I seriously need some good news. I don’t care if it’s the SREF. I’ll take an super secret basement run of the CRAS at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Oh and the idiots making fun of Wentz and calling him soft are a disgrace. And eagles fans whining about the refs is soft too. Yea they might have missed that call on Wentz head shot but it wouldn’t have changed anything. A 15 yard penalty wouldn’t have brought him back nor changed the outcome. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clueless said:

Losing Wentz was a fitting end to the season.  A good  season end run though. Go birds.  

Wouldn’t it be nice to see Doug get to coach a healthy playoff team?  I am convinced he is a great coach. It’s amazing what he has done 3 years with a mash unit by the end each time. Would be nice to see him with an Eagles team that somewhat resembles the “plan” when season starts in the playoffs. 

• Like 3

Just now, Clueless said:

Sometimes, well, actually, most times,  I am ashamed of the incessant whining of my hometown. Eagles are a good franchise and a class act. 

Laurie is a great owner and great civic leader. Takes giving back to the city very seriously and has made his team a part of the community in every way. While I think the eagles fans rep is often a cheap exaggerated story (a lot of blue collar nfl towns have a rough fan base and do stupid things at games) there are definitely some stupid asshat eagles fans.  But the team itself is a class organization from the owner to the coach on down. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Wouldn’t it be nice to see Doug get to coach a healthy playoff team?  I am convinced he is a great coach. It’s amazing what he has done 3 years with a mash unit by the end each time. Would be nice to see him with an Eagles team that somewhat resembles the “plan” when season starts in the playoffs. 

Fun fact: In his rookie year, Doug Pederson was QB for the Dolphins on the day that Don Shula passed George Halas for the record for most coaching victories.  That was the year Dan Marino tore his Achilles and earlier that game Scott Mitchell had separated his shoulder.  So I bet a lot of Dolphins fans have a soft spot for Doug.

30 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

So I was wondering, what was the story when they supposedly booed Santa Claus?

Yea they did that.  My dad was at the game. He said it was the end of a miserable season after several miserable seasons and the team was playing like garbage. Then the eagles took a fan from the stands dressed up like Santa that looked drunk and awful and decided to walk him out on the field at halftime and the fans booed him and some threw snowballs at him.  It was also a long time ago and in response to an awful owner who was ruining a team for a passionate fan base. Not excusing it. 

I’ve been at some eventful games. I was at the body bag game and the bounty bowl. I was there when they pelted the Cowboys with snowballs nonstop the whole game. I’ve been to some giants games that turned into royal rumbles in the stands. Someome dragginf a dead deer carcass around the stadium ramp behire a game against the bucs. I was at the Monday night game that was the impetus to have a courtroom in the stadium.  Someone shot a flair gun across the stadium, there were so many fights security couldn’t keep up, and a group of fans charged the field and attempted to throw beer at the referee after a bad call.  But all of that was a long time ago also. 80s and 90s.  And that was a different time when stupid shenanigans weren’t taken so seriously.  If you look at arrests at nfl football games it was about the same in most Midwest and northeast cities.  comparable at eagles, Browns, Steelers, Giants, and patriots games at that time.  Lest we forget back then the patriots had a night game and after the game fans tore down the goal posts and carried them out of the stadium and electrocuted themselves when they ran them into power lines.  Ray Didinger who was a beat reporter at the time went to a giants game and had his windows busted and a F philly sign left in his car.  There was a lot of stupid back then.  But I think between the Santa thing that got national press and then Buddy Ryan being a pompous ass it became an easy scoop.

But my more recent experience with the eagles is positive.  I’ve been to dozens of games in the last 20 years since Laurie bought the team without that kind of atmosphere anymore.  It’s still loud and passionate but less of the borderline crazy violence.  What I remember lately is how the whole city comes together for the team.  Unlike lots of other places the eagles own Philadelphia.  The city stops for games.  It’s not just some fans. Almost everyone is an eagles fan. Little girls scream eagles chants and random people start singing the fight song on the street.  I remember walking back to broad street from the liberty bell the day of the super bowl and my 2 year old son was singing fly eagles fly the whole way and everyone we passed gave him high fives and started joining in.  Even when I’m not in philly if I pass an eagles fan when my wearing my hat I’ll get a chant or a high five. That night of the SB random people were hugging me on the street and singing songs.  It’s like a family thing but with a family of 4 million people.  Im sure there are similar experiences for other fan bases.  But that’s what I love.  It’s a family tradition and a positive community experience.  Yea one idiot ate horse sh!t and some other moron ran into a pole and that got a lot of press but imo most of the widespread really bad behavior was in the distant past.  

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea they did that.  My dad was at the game. He said it was the end of a miserable season after several miserable seasons and the team was playing like garbage. Then the eagles took a fan from the stands dressed up like Santa that looked drunk and awful and decided to walk him out on the field at halftime and the fans booed him and some threw snowballs at him.  It was also a long time ago and in response to an awful owner who was ruining a team for a passionate fan base. Not excusing it. 

I’ve been at some eventful games. I was at the body bag game and the bounty bowl. I was there when they pelted the Cowboys with snowballs nonstop the whole game. I’ve been to some giants games that turned into royal rumbles in the stands. Someome dragginf a dead deer carcass around the stadium ramp behire a game against the bucs. I was at the Monday night game that was the impetus to have a courtroom in the stadium.  Someone shot a flair gun across the stadium, there were so many fights security couldn’t keep up, and a group of fans charged the field and attempted to throw beer at the referee after a bad call.  But all of that was a long time ago also. 80s and 90s.  And that was a different time when stupid shenanigans weren’t taken so seriously.  If you look at arrests at nfl football games it was about the same in most Midwest and northeast cities.  comparable at eagles, Browns, Steelers, Giants, and patriots games at that time.  Lest we forget back then the patriots had a night game and after the game fans tore down the goal posts and carried them out of the stadium and electrocuted themselves when they ran them into power lines.  Ray Didinger who was a beat reporter at the time went to a giants game and had his windows busted and a F philly sign left in his car.  There was a lot of stupid back then.  But I think between the Santa thing that got national press and then Buddy Ryan being a pompous ass it became an easy scoop.

But my more recent experience with the eagles is positive.  I’ve been to dozens of games in the last 20 years since Laurie bought the team without that kind of atmosphere anymore.  It’s still loud and passionate but less of the borderline crazy violence.  What I remember lately is how the whole city comes together for the team.  Unlike lots of other places the eagles own Philadelphia.  The city stops for games.  It’s not just some fans. Almost everyone is an eagles fan. Little girls scream eagles chants and random people start singing the fight song on the street.  I remember walking back to broad street from the liberty bell the day of the super bowl and my 2 year old son was singing fly eagles fly the whole way and everyone we passed gave him high fives and started joining in.  Even when I’m not in philly if I pass an eagles fan when my wearing my hat I’ll get a chant or a high five. That night of the SB random people were hugging me on the street and singing songs.  It’s like a family thing but with a family of 4 million people.  Im sure there are similar experiences for other fan bases.  But that’s what I love.  It’s a family tradition and a positive community experience.  Yea one idiot ate horse sh!t and some other moron ran into a pole and that got a lot of press but imo most of the widespread really bad behavior was in the distant past.  

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/philadelphia-fans-boo-santa-claus/

I have to say all sports fans complain about getting jobbed by refs at some point but man Saints fans are some of the biggest babies ever! Does any fan really want calls like the last play called or overturned consistently...seriously the game would be 6 hours long and unwatchable. News flash folks there is PI on just about every pass play you either keep it subjective and try to be consistent or you stop play and call everything.  All of this is my opinion and I am in no way trying to convince anyone...I leave that to Pats and Philly fans :hurrbear:

I'm gonna throw gas on a fire

There is probably not very many non philly fans who think going to that stadium is safe. I've been I have friends that go and just about every non Philadelphia fan says the same.  Some call it passion....ok lol

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I have to say all sports fans complain about getting jobbed by refs at some point but man Saints fans are some of the biggest babies ever! Does any fan really want calls like the last play called or overturned consistently...seriously the game would be 6 hours long and unwatchable. News flash folks there is PI on just about every pass play you either keep it subjective and try to be consistent or you stop play and call everything.  All of this is my opinion and I am in no way trying to convince anyone...I leave that to Pats and Philly fans :hurrbear:

The Saints are despicable in my eyes. The team and their bounty on other players, their constant crying, the fans, the city, all of it. Like Michael Thomas never gets away with a push off. Give me a break and cry me a river. And get your popcorn ready Saints fans because the Vikings play this weekend and you don’t want to miss it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm gonna throw gas on a fire

There is probably not very many non philly fans who think going to that stadium is safe. I've been I have friends that go and just about every non Philadelphia fan says the same.  Some call it passion....ok lol

Don't hate just because the DC sports fanbase is weak.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic