Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2020

George BM

31 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

You need to reap Bob asap.  He is bad for business spreading hope and shiit like that.  EPO ridge pushing into AK...Scandinavian ridges...lights at ends of tunnels..workable patterns coming in quicker.  I think you know what needs to be done!   

We're smack dab in the middle of what appears to be a month long wretched toaster bath of a pattern, have barely had any snow, and it's felt more like spring/fall than winter for the last 2 weeks. We're staring down the barrel of the wretched toaster bath pattern continuing through mid month. Even the "better pattern" doesn't look like a good pattern. Just not as hideous. There are plenty of reasons all over the place to go ahead and jump if you're weak. I'm not saving anyone but myself anyways. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

We're smack dab in the middle of what appears to be a month long wretched toaster bath of a pattern, have barely had any snow, and it's felt more like spring/fall than winter for the last 2 weeks. We're staring down the barrel of the wretched toaster bath pattern continuing through mid month. Even the "better pattern" doesn't look like a good pattern. Just not as hideous. There are plenty of reasons all over the place to go ahead and jump if you're weak. I'm not saving anyone but myself anyways. 

Nope I decided to follow you off this cliff for now.  You seem wise and my room is not available yet.  it can’t stay wretched forever.  

20 minutes ago, Ji said:

I love CAD....and there is nothing like a CAD event but i wonder how much more snow we would have if we didnt have CAD/Mountains and this snow was easily able to make it to us.

12 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Draw a line west of the mountains and that’s about how much...and you wouldby like it. You would sacrifice a few small storms from west to east clippers for big totals where CAD saves us from a flip. Our best storms that track south of us have enough easterly wind component that the downslope isn’t an issue. It’s when we’re stuck in a pattern with lows going to our west that it sucks but that pattern wouldn’t be that good anyways. 

You folks definitely want the App's.

Here in Pgh, CAD is the bane of our winter existence, as we constantly get flooded with warm air.

Even on 2/5/2010 parts of our area had rain until 9-10 pm.

27 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

You folks definitely want the App's.

Here in Pgh, CAD is the bane of our winter existence, as we constantly get flooded with warm air.

Even on 2/5/2010 parts of our area had rain until 9-10 pm.

He would hate it. He might avg about the same and maybe see snow more often but almost all that snow would come 1-3” at a time. Anything other than pure miller A storms coming north up the coast like Jan 2000 would flip to rain absent a rare arctic airmass. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

You can blame me for this. With no indoor arena this warmer weather is allowing my daughter to get winter riding in. :D

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Same. Mine also think I somehow control when it will snow. Ironically they already had 1 snow day back in early Dec and we never saw a flake lol. Kids these days :P

i have a winter baby, she turned 1 during the 2013/2014 winter snow was big then (lol). My husband and I are snow weenies, so we get excited when it comes. I'm glad its rubbed off on her. 

28 minutes ago, mappy said:

i have a winter baby, she turned 1 during the 2013/2014 winter snow was big then (lol). My husband and I are snow weenies, so we get excited when it comes. I'm glad its rubbed off on her. 

My children (8 and 10) have been spoiled with the big snows and seem to just shrug off the 'normal' 3-6" events which are typically our big snows during an avg season. Like father like children lol.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic