• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Panic Room- TVA Style

mempho

Embrace the truth and abandon hope all ye who enter...

I have purchased a franchise of The Panic Room for the TN Valley and I am excited to announce our Grand Opening of our new resort is today for all those lost in weeniedom. 

Get your winter cancel on in time for tonight's New Year's Eve smash and get one of the good rooms at our brand-new accommodations.  

The time is now to cliff jump and join the afterlife you've always wanted.  You've seen the long-range and that it's all garbage through the climatological apex of winter.  After that, you know the sun angle makes it all worthless.  If you're still on the fence, sing the following tune, Walking in Memphis, and that should push you over the edge of the cliff.

Put on my big snow boots and
I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the freezing rain

Snow up high
Won't you pour down over me
Yeah, I got some accretion
But I'm as blue as a boy can be

When I was walking in Memphis
I was walking with cold soaked feet on Beale
Walking in Memphis

But despair is all you'll feel

If you're really stubborn and you still have hope, I'd dare you to take a read of my book (see below) this afternoon, so you can abandon all hope and enjoy the party you're dying not to miss...

3kv9ei.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Watchlist for now. Fortune's wheel may yet spin out a new fate and besides, upslope may be lookin' good for the plateau with this upper level energy around day 5 on the Euro. 
Watchlist it is. I will put you on with the bonus code DOOMNYE2020. If we don't get two check-ins by midnight, that code will entitle you to one of our 2 Founder's Suites when your stay does actually commence:

44bbd0ebe266f337a480707abdc8da3b.jpg60db3d8e19379da75955b411f828c6fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mempho said:

Watchlist it is. I will put you on with the bonus code DOOMNYE2020. If we don't get two check-ins by midnight, that code will entitle you to one of our 2 Founder's Suites when your stay does actually commence:

44bbd0ebe266f337a480707abdc8da3b.jpg60db3d8e19379da75955b411f828c6fc.jpg

Nice room,where is this?

How far is your location above flood plain? 

Fear not- We are positioned well above the planes of meteorological battle- flooding rains- even the coldest ones- have no power here.

• Like 1

Jan 2019:

giphy.gif

Jan 2020:

giphy.gif

2019/ 2020 SPV:

giphy.gif

Totally different, yet here we are again. 

I get it, the MJO and SPV aren't the only bus drivers,  but you'd think there would be a different outcome, lol.

giphy.gif

I'm looking over the edge at Cliff Tops @mempho ,  for atmospheric hope.

Still not jumping, but won't take much of a shove, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Jan 2019:

giphy.gif

Jan 2020:

giphy.gif

2019/ 2020 SPV:

giphy.gif

Totally different, yet here we are again. 

I get it, the MJO and SPV aren't the only bus drivers,  but you'd think there would be a different outcome, lol.

giphy.gif

I'm looking over the edge at Cliff Tops @mempho ,  for atmospheric hope.

Still not jumping, but won't take much of a shove, lol. 

Great post...Just goes to show there is more than one avenue to a non-winter.   Commonality is a very active MJO in phase 6 FWIW and active IO.  That IO spike gave us the shaft in December I think.  Fab February, man!  Come-on!!!!  Who needs hope when we have...well, iris blooming!!! LOL.

Lo, as I contemplated from atop my perch, I began to think of what it would be like:

giphy.gif

I also thought of state of the winter and my addled mind flew to the stratosphere and the tropics

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Somewhere around the Horn of Africa, I had a vision and my mind flew west:

giphy.gif

and despite the frustration of some,

giphy.gif

hope was sparked. 

So even as the monks marched up LeConte, singing a Requiem:

giphy.gif 

I looked to the PNA for hope:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Wurbus said:

I'm starting to think I just need to move up north to see some snow. With climate change, I'm starting to lose all hope for any significant snow around here.

Starting in May,  Asheville NC airport will be running Monday and Friday flights to Boston on Allegiant Air.   Since you can usually pick up a round trip flight for under 100.00 I may initiate a chase sometime next winter.  Just thought I'd mention it now in case anyone else would be interested in considering.  There's nothing like snow in your back yard, but chasing a monster would be a lot of fun.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tnweathernut said:

Starting in May,  Asheville NC airport will be running Monday and Friday flights to Boston on Allegiant Air.   Since you can usually pick up a round trip flight for under 100.00 I may initiate a chase sometime next winter.  Just thought I'd mention it now in case anyone else would be interested in considering.  There's nothing like snow in your back yard, but chasing a monster would be a lot of fun.... 

That's a good idea. I actually think I saw an article saying they were flying out of Knoxville as well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nrgjeff said:

Panic room is in effect. Cold pattern forecasts fell apart like the Houston (blue) lead over KC (red) last weekend.

That Asheville flight would have come in handy for AMS, but I did not go. Instead I'm in the panic room.

Oh well. Everyone have a good weekend!

I didn’t even realize I was posting in the panic thread.  I thought I was in the banter thread....

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondered in.  LOL.  
Such a lovely place....You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. 
Not one enters these realms as a matter of forethought. They end only left to dwell on these for eternity- what they've somehow become and a destiny that escapes their own belief.