• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

7 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I can't believe how cheap the flights are to hawaii. From Buffalo to the islands its like $300-400. You couldn't even drive to Kansas for that cheap. I plan to go back and this time visit Kauai.

Hawaii is awesome this time of year. Maui is my favorite island. First class adds a thousand- unfortunately, and I almost need it with my back. Those economy seats are a cruel joke for a 12 hour flight. I flew to Bozeman (currently there) on credit card miles and they wouldn’t allow an upgrade. What!?!? My money is no good? Lol

12 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Looking through the long range is maddening....huge ridges traveling across the country. Lows cutting up and across the Northern Plains/Canada...once in a while a deep trough that suppresses things. This winter blows.

Enjoy your slush balls, friends.

2020-21 will be rockin'. 

But for real, the Pacific has been in this constant Niño state since 2014. Need a mod-strong La Niña to balance the global climate. Every winter since 2014-15 has been half-ass if you think about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

2020-21 will be rockin'. 

But for real, the Pacific has been in this constant Niño state since 2014. Need a mod-strong La Niña to balance the global climate. Every winter since 2014-15 has been half-ass if you think about it.

For sure. And every winter since, many  say, "It couldn't get worse" or "next year will be better."

And here we are. Winter #6.

Pacific Jet and horrible NAO are killing us...except for in Marches. Hah

• Like 2

I clicked on the new thread and nothing happened?

Anyway, this winter is done. It’s the pacific jet, the Bahama ridge, cold in Alaska and crap indices. Basically everything and anything that could go wrong did. NWS called it. 
The long range has been an utter joke. Promises around every corner only to turn to slush and rain. I can barely remember a more disappointing winter. 
Delta, it’s gonna take a miracle to salvage our Lake Placid trips. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1