SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

WWA issued fwiw 

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO
6 AM EST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected and possibly a bit of sleet or freezing
  rain at the start. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9 inches.

* WHERE...The Eastern Lake Ontario Region.

* WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 6 AM EST Monday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on snow covered and slippery road conditions.
  Travel could be difficult by Sunday night across the higher
  elevations of the Tug Hill.
  • Like 1

Quite the interesting event .

This morning when we had heavy precip it was sleet, light precip snow lol

Then we went into a lull even though radar showed heavy Precipitation ..We jumped to 38°!! Lol while it was snowing in the SW part of the county..

Now my temp has dropped 6° in an hour or so and plain snow .

Headed down south on 81 and it's rain with temps in the mid 30', opposite of what it was earlier..

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The thermals seem really off considering the strength. 

The storm is obviously over amplified that far out and somewhat bogus. A 958 low at that latitude low is exceedingly rare even in the realm of all the giant historic nor’easters.   Several standard deviations out of the norm.  I don’t get too caught up on strength, just looking for the timing of the two short waves and a nice cold high somewhere over eastern Canada right now. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Did the drive home from Buffalo today to Rockland County and when we got about 20 to 30 minutes North of Syracuse it was quite the winter wonderland , let me know how much u guys wound up with there ?

What was your route? I'm trying to figure out where you would be going that is 20 to 30 minutes north of Syracuse. If you took the Thruway, you pretty much drove through the Northern Suburbs of Syracuse. Easily a 10 minute drive to downtown.

Just now, Syrmax said:

0Z GFS a washout next weekend. Rain to backside snow.  Somehow, that feels about right this winter.

I felt alright about this run. It’s a just a hair away from a perfect track for us. I get nervous seeing it move towards a cutter but it’s better than a complete miss which was in the cards a few runs ago. 

38 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I felt alright about this run. It’s a just a hair away from a perfect track for us. I get nervous seeing it move towards a cutter but it’s better than a complete miss which was in the cards a few runs ago. 

Agree.  It’s not going through Detroit there.  That’s a good sign at this point. As long as we never see that between now and game time we have a shot.  

9 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

What was your route? I'm trying to figure out where you would be going that is 20 to 30 minutes north of Syracuse. If you took the Thruway, you pretty much drove through the Northern Suburbs of Syracuse. Easily a 10 minute drive to downtown.

My apologies Tug as I was  WEST not  North of Syracuse, Somewhere between Rochester and Syracuse it got nasty and was snowing pretty good , I think I was near a town called Ferndale . The route was 390 to 81 to 86 to 17 my bad brother sorry about that I was tired when I posted last night and I still am lol

• Like 1