• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

32 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Any one else think the GFS is nuttier than Norman Bates??? There have not been 2 consistent runs in the past 8 or so for next weekends storm...

I mean it’s there every time.  It’s just a tricky phase, and both storms that need to phase are still in the pacific.  In some sense there is startling consistency so far out, that southern stream storm is always there. It’s the northern stream that only needs to only shift a bit for a huge storm or near miss. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

I just looked out the windows of the carrier dome. Snowing in Syracuse. Not looking forward to a drive home to Pittsburgh I’m this.

Surface temps don’t really go sub freezing for several days on the route you’ll be taking home. I think it’s a complete non issue for you. Should be wet roads start to finish. 

• Like 1

There's not much Synoptic moisture though so even if the Coastal were to strengthen, I still don't think it'd amount to much. Looks like the EURO just whooped all other guidance just like McGregor whooped Cerrone's ass in 40 seconds, RLMAO!

No other guidance came close, lol, as they were practically all over the place!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Secondary did pop, and a lot further South than most guidance was showing so we'll see if she strengthens and pulls down whatever cold air that's to our North, which is not much!

pmsl.gif?1579974813031

EURO also shows that cold air get entrenched much nicer. we shall see. slight window of opportunity. but the radar looks more wintry than expected in areas of western NY and canada border. maybe quick burst of mix or snow for some

Back to a mix here with huge half dollars falling in between the rain and sleet that's falling, so we have every form of precip today falling!

I'm starting to doubt we ever go over to just snow because we've been trying to now for hours and it just cant get there, lol, but ya never know once the sun sets so we'll see I suppose!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

HeyTug, wherever you go or went, stay there, RLMAO

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Huge Parachutes falling, looks f'in awesome and if that Coastal takes over quick enough, we may stay as snow and this conveyor belt of moisture doesn't look like its moving too quickly!  We're pretty much isothermal throughout much of the BL. Many more changes to come I'd imagine as well!

You're welcome. Pretty much as soon as I left the cuse it started wintry precipitation. Don't go anywhere the week of February 15. I am going to Florida for the week so my wife can get her warm weather.