• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

If there was any sort of cold air around to tap into, we'd all be rejoicing because the track of all the lp's at any lvl, are just seriously perfect for S+ across our area but not this yr, so it seems, lol!

Perhaps the chance still lies in this to be a bigger deal, but we're lacking the most essential ingredient and thats the Cold F'in Air, and its nowhere to be found, and in mid-late January, that's just downright  SAD!

f84.gif

f90.gif

f96.gif

Well, I'm gonna be the optimistic one and say that if what I see on this GFS is anywhere near corrrect with the track, as well as its upper lvl features, then Its hard for me to see how we don't flip to snow or even begin as snow, and stay that way throughout, but thats probably a stretch from this juncture.

We'll see what happens because from these eyes, not much has changed from yesterdays guidance, perhaps it went a tick or 2 NW but no major changes, that I can see and all of a sudden we're all rain, with just the wraparound being frozen???

IDK, maybe thats how she plays out, as thats the way I think this past event should of played out with a H700 dropping down from the Mid-West :blink: and we still end up all snow, I'm talking CNY Eastward but with what I'm seeing, this should smack us all with a decent plowable snowfall but time will tell.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

If there was any sort of cold air around to tap into, we'd all be rejoicing because the track of all the lp's at any lvl, are just seriously perfect for S+ across our area but not this yr, so it seems, lol!

Yes, but when there's cold air, these usually miss to the south/east of us unless there's clippers/rare Ohio Valley "runner" west of the Appalachians (I don't know the term), at least in WNY. It sucks only hoping these storms hit this year because we're getting near nothing in LES, and that isn't changing any time soon. I moved from West Seneca to Getzville this year, and I think I've gotten more snow just due to latitude and NW Huron flurries.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Leelee said:

Yes, but when there's cold air, these usually miss to the south/east of us unless there's clippers/rare Ohio Valley "runner" west of the Appalachians (I don't know the term), at least in WNY. It sucks only hoping these storms hit this year because we're getting near nothing in LES, and that isn't changing any time soon. I moved from West Seneca to Getzville this year, and I think I've gotten more snow just due to latitude and NW Huron flurries.

Welcome back Lee.